back to article Tracy brothers are back: Thunderbirds Are Go! again in 5... 4... 3...

Brit television outfit ITV has announced the return of the Tracy family in Thunderbirds Are Go! - a fresh take on Gerry Anderson's classic puppet series promising "a whole new level of action-adventure animation for today's audience". Out goes Supermarionation and in comes "CGI animation", although we're promised "live-action …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. LINCARD1000
      Trollface

Re: Made in Britain...

"The original was but apparently this series has to be off-shored to New Zealand. Why?"

Uh, perhaps because that's where Pukeko Pictures is based? Just a thought :-)

1. markw:

Re: Made in Britain...

It depends who has the rights. I assume ITV are leading. The could have chosen UK based company...

1. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

I wonder...

Is this going to be the usual sort of animation that makes everything look fake in that airbrush-perfect-finish way? Whilst it might be a technological marvel, after the first few minutes of marvelling at the technology ...I hate it.

I prefer my "fake" as in supermarionation. Or cartoons, even.

1. TRT Silver badge
      Windows

Re: I wonder...

Hell, who's for a CGI remake of Crown Court? Yeah. That'll rock the Law & Order boat.

2. Alex Bailey

I'd like to see this but ITV have a habit of either ruining or killing anything they touch... partly through being inconsistent with schedules, usually allowing unimportant sporting events, soaps and reality TV to take priority and not telling people when it is on. I've yet to see the remake of The Prisoner because of this. I even lost track of Law and Order UK for the same reason!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Once upon a time there used to be serials. Yes, I'm old: I am talking about the days when such things had signature tunes!. One could rely on a number of episodes being broadcast, same time each week, on a given day.

Then came the mini-series, expecting people to devote an hour or so on consecutive days. Even thought the VHS recorder had been invented well before this, it was a format that never worked for me.

These days, only soaps are scheduled reliably. Changing this for any reason short of a royal death would be about the only thing sure to cause revolution in apathetic Britain.

And I read books.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like