back to article It's official: Mac users are morally superior to Windows users

The online donation–management company Qgiv has analyzed the charitable-giving patterns of 165,000 people and found that Mac users are far more benevolent than Windows users. Qgiv analyzed 320,000 donations given through their donation platform from November 2011 through November 2012, and discovered that the average donation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge
Stop

Stop press: Apple owners have more money to throw away than others.

Anonymous Coward

WOW, your easily swayed.

You must still believe in santa, the tooth fairy, God?

fwit.

Anonymous Coward

More Unbelievable BOLLOX!

Bronze badge
Pirate

Eh

Corps give the most, but they nearly all use Windows XP and 7? I assume this is from the company line of we'll double chairty donations blah blah blah that often occurs.

Suppose this was retrieved from madeupstats.com

Anonymous Coward

Technically if you add Chrome, Firefox and IE together, it is triple the amount of Mac users; assuming that they are not running Linux or Unix...and trust me; it's only like 5% of the world on Linux. Regardless (I'm one of them); it should be more like "Mac users were crushed by the rest of the donators." Just saying.

Unhappy

Windows IE users give less because their machines lock up and crash before completing their online donations.

Anonymous Coward

Microsoft employee giving has surpassed over $1bn

This year Microsoft's employees passed the $1bn mark of giving through the company's Giving Campaign, in addition to whatever they do themselves outside of that. How much have Apple's employees done? Oh right, Apple doesn't have a charitable program with 100% company match.

Anonymous Coward

Mac Users give more to Charity makes them more moral?

Most charities are indeed run as a business where the vast majority of any money they collect goes to the charity executives / their friends rather than the needy. Show me a charity where 100% of what I give goes to the needy and I will donate should I agree that the target are indeed needy and will benefit from my donation.

Silver badge

Missing the Safari angle

Were they drive-by donations?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums