back to article Fuming fanbois flood 'flimsy iPhone 5 Wi-Fi' forum

Punters on an Apple support forum claim they are struggling to use Wi-Fi networks with their iOS 6 gadgets. The trouble seems to affect new iPhone 5s as well as iPads and older iPhones updated to the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system. Users of iOS 6, writing under a headline "iPhone 5 wifi issues", reported a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. bag o' spanners

Two born every minute.

I love the way early adopters of overpriced shiny beta tech grinch about the curious incompleteness of their user experience.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IOS6 and others...

Phones and WIFI are generally hit and miss. I have a BT Home Hub which most of the time works fine with WIFI yet for some unknown reason my Blackberry disconnects/loses the WIFI or fails to even find it sometimes. Other devices are just fine (including the iPad which is IOS5 based).

A quick reboot of the phone sorts it most of the time. I'm sure its to do with some negotiation of the WPA2 key or DHCP lease or something like that...

I can see it as an IOS6 issue if the same phones and ipads with IOS5 were just fine. Its definitely a software thing and will hopefully be fixed with a software update to the network drivers in IOS6.1

1. mickey mouse the fith

Re: IOS6 and others...

Quite a few Android roms on my old Zte Blade used to fail to connect to the bt homehub unless a static i.p. was used. Apparently its to do with the network stack in the rom not liking bt`s ropey firmware.

There are quite a few complaints on bt`s forums about the buggy dhcp in the homehub firmware, some dating from 2 years ago, so i presume their fixing it at their usual glacial rate.

My old Ipod touch used to have problems with Netgear routers, it would always transfer data at a stupidly low speed, although it works fine with the homehub.

3. menotu

get a life

This is the NEW APPLE... get used to it... more iCrap to come...

Timmy is the new Sculley of Apple.. this time they deserve him

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like