back to article Microsoft promises Metro developers 'fame and fortune'

With the official launch of Windows 8 just a few months away, Microsoft has kicked off a new incentive program that promises developers "fame and fortune" if they build Metro-style apps for the new OS. The program, hosted on Microsoft's Generation App website, follows on from an earlier, similar initiative for Windows Phone. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Tejekion
    Thumb Up

I tried Windows 8, and Love it....So far.

I kept thinking to myself. This is going to suck crap! No Taskbar and Metro only UI for the desktop. Much to my pleasant surprise though, I quickly found the Windows 7 style desktop(complete with Aero Glass theme and all) by clicking on the lower left corner(At least in the Developer preview I downloaded last night). I clicked where it Windows Icon was not noticing the little arrow behind it pointing to the left. When I did so, a slightly modified Windows 7 Aero Glass dektop appeared. I added the default icons and I've been using it ever since. I even switch back to Metro every once in a while to try my luck at some of the apps on it.

Getting out of those apps is a breeze. Just hit one of the windows keys on the keyboard and it backs you out of that particular program. I hate to say it, but it looks like M$ is going to get the $ out of my pocket on a WHOOOOLE lot of new hardware and OS when I start refreshing my systems and phones. 2013 is going to be an interesting year Tech wise...at least for me.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like