back to article Nexus 7 and Surface: A bonanza for landfill miners

It would be charitable (that is, untrue) to call the consumer electronics strategies of Microsoft and Google coherent today. But what they lack in coherence they make up for in er, … sheer recklessness. That's OK, then. Both stalwarts are now in head-on competition with their customers, having launched their own-brand tablets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Jonjonz
    Thumb Down

Another Spoiled Crapple Fanboy

Another spoiled crapple fan boy spews the same old drivel: It it hasn't had billions of PR over several years positioning a product as the next best bit of hipster tech paraphernalia that is more fashion statement than substance, he won't be seen with it.

2. Jonjonz
    Linux

Deja Vu, Nintendo and Sony, Apple next

When MS introduced the Xbox, Nintendo and Sony sounded much like Apple today, smug and snobbish in their supposed market domination.

We know how that played out.

The minute they lower the Surface price to X-box mass consumer range, it's game over for Crapple.

3. menotu

Absolutely correct..even my magical (??) iPad sits on my coffee table gathering dust..

4. Andy Watt
    FAIL

Try using a tablet for a while, properly.

All these posts sneering "it's just a content delivery device" - "you can't do anything serious with them" - "tablets, what's the point"...

The iPad I'm typing this on does the following (note, I have a Bluetooth keyboard for big typing) - and I use them all on a regular basis. Seriously.

- HTML edits

- all corporate email

- TeamViewer remote control access for support work (which works beautifully over 3G)

- Codea for a little programming fun

- blog work

- music studio (2, nano studio and GarageBand)

- instrument (several, including analog synth emus and drum machines)

- network diagnostic tool (some ping utils, etc)

- eBay, PayPal, etc

- soundcloud

- VNC

- mind maps for creative thinking

- cocktail lists (diffords #8)

- Skydrive, SugarSync work

- FTP, WebDAV clients

- several office compatibles for doc and spreadsheet work

- remote controls (intelliremote rocks)

- telnet work for servers

And loads more.

I daresay all this is possible on a droid tablet too - so stop sneering and see what you can do with the resource. Positivity wins out every time, in my book.

5. Tom 35

What are you on about

Google just stuck their name on an Asus tablet, the Asus name is still there too. Google is not making hardware.

As for MS their OEMs should be used to it after the "plays for sure" to Zune fail.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think you failed...

to understand how gullible people really are.

Hint - Marketing rely on it constantly

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like