back to article Mozilla releases Firefox 10, adds developer tools

Mozilla has released version 10 of its Firefox browser as part of its accelerated six-week build cycle, and has also included a pack of developer tools aimed at simplifying life for website operators. Firefox 10, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android, includes eight security fixes, but the most noticeable change in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"The real issue for Mozilla is the desktop version."

Sorry, that should read: "The real issue for Mozilla is the mobile version."

1. Nick Pettefar

Shutdown Cancelled, Firefox failed to close.

EVERY time I shutdown my Mac (for serious software updates for example) I have to force close Firefox. Tedious.

I can't see ANY difference between FF9 and FF10. Can anyone enlighten me? Work on XP (yes, really, the retards) and home on Mac Lion (gradually getting used to it but still have a Vista feeling about it).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

SNAP!

Me too!

I have one of my Mac's set to auto shut down at about 4am (in case I nod off... don't ask =P) and the only thing that stops this is Firefox. This does not happen with Safari at all, even if I leave it open...

"I can't see ANY difference between FF9 and FF10"

+1? :)

2. JDX Gold badge

How come we don't get a Reg story every time a new version of Chrome is out? FF seems to be doing a major release every 6 weeks and making the same fuss as when it was every 6 months. If you're going to do such frequent releases, you need to stop telling us about them

3. Wensleydale Cheese
    Black Helicopters

Update broken (again!) for non-admin accounts on Windows

I thought this one had been fixed several versions ago (sorry, lost count of which one).

When working in a non-admin account in Windows, FF does its download stuff and then, (not entirely unsurprisingly) says that the update failed.

The error message suggests that you have another instance of FF running. Nope, that's not it at all.

Solution: log into an admin account and do the update from there.

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Surely it shouldn't even try to update if the user doesn't have admin privileges?

1. Not That Andrew

Yup, I seriously object to software that does that. No better than malware - I'm looking at you Chrome

4. John Sanders
    Linux

Credit where credit is due

I just upgraded to 10.0 and the new inspector is quite good.

Well done Mozilla!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ever so glad

That I STOPPED using mozilla crap over a year ago, it just gets uglier and uglier with this POS.

6. Scott 67
    WTF?

Oh Lovely....

There's an issue where firefox will lose it's cursor focus and need you to alt-tab AGAIN to get it back...this is annoying.

7. william_7

'scanning for viruses' and other bothersome bugs

Firefox downloads a file, and claims it is scanning for viruses, yet I have not antivirus installed, what gives there? Shit coding.

Fire freezes up, honestly why not have a thread for each tab, with the interface on a higher prioity?

(talking about ver 5 and before)

8. Adam Nealis

I thought they promised no more restarts after add-on updates.

Maybe I got it wrong, or confused that feature with another browser.

Annoyances that still remain:

1. Go to the Add-Ons screen. There is "Get Add-ons", but once you get an Add-On, it becomes an "Extension". Why two name sfor the same thing? And WTF are "Plugins" for anyway?

2. This dialogue box has always been broken. Else I carry round some Add-On/ Extension/ Plugins that are messing it up:

http://www.learningally.org/SiteData/images/screen_tro/a66a2ee8104c488d/screen_trouble_03.gif

So suppose one checks "Do this automatically" and downloads, the next time, "Do this automatically" is checked, but I still get the damned dailogue box and I still have to click OK. Is this PICNIC or is this "Windows Automation" at work?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like