Feeds

back to article Teen net addicts pee in bottles to stay glued to WoW

British youngsters have become so addicted to the internet that they will relieve themselves into bottles rather than step away from their screens to visit the lav, reports the, er, Sun. It is online multiplayer games such as World Of Warcraft that are coming between children and the toilet, with addictive game play encouraging …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

"Will desk-pee-bottles become standard practice as the new generation grows up and moves into the workplace?"

No, not in the long term: evolution will take care of that. One can only hope this behaviour is in the genetic material. Then again, it's 2012, just eleven months more to play WoW or whatever...

#

When we get large pee proof sensitive touch screens. This will be the new control method.

(patent pending)

Anonymous Coward

Having worked in a call centre

I know of one company who'd be more than willing to provide pee bottles for their staff. Conduit, the well-known shite employer only allowed a minute per hour for pissing, having dump was out of the question on a short shift.

Gold badge

Truth is stranger than fiction.

When I was working on the Czech Republic, there was a news story about some supermarket workers who'd complained to the union about new working practices. The gripe was that trips to the loo were being clamped down on and female employees on the rag were required to wear red "deely boppers" on their heads (I kid you not), to indicate that they were entitled to use the bog more often.

The union's reponse was that they should STFU. The Polish union they were affiliated to was dealing with the problem that the workers for the same company operating there didn't get loo breaks and were instead issued nappies by the management.

Pee bottles in the office?

Errm, no. These kids will be too busy playing WoW to be bothered with trifle inconveniences (oops) like working. Not that they can get a job anyway...

Paris Hilton

SheWee

I'm guessing the girls are using SheWees.*

* http://www.shewee.com/

Paris Hilton

Girls?

THIS! IS! WARCRAFT!

Silver badge
Holmes

Easy solution

Buy your WoW addicted child a commode to sit on while playing

Hmmm thats a good idea for us wrinkies as well

Pee Breaks

They must be in ultra-hardcore guilds.

We have scheduled pee breaks for our raids.

Sheesh

Just go afk soon as the boss drops, damn.

Bronze badge
Stop

I'm sure....

.....that if you can afford to do it, then do whatever you want.

Over the years I've spent plenty on drinking, been out too late, had hangovers/sickies due to being out too late or having too much fun.

So the favourite area has shifted slightly? So what? Let them stew in their own piss and sooner or later they'll either grow out of it (or bored of it) or they'll just carry on doing what they want to do.

Provided it's in the privacy of their own homes and they aren't getting internet connectivity on my tax money who really gives a crap....?

Gold badge
Coat

Ah, now I understand.

A few years back you could hear Football crowds singing; "You should have pissed in the bottle!" at Rio Ferdinand.

Now I understand that they were merely making light of his poor attention span in WoW.

Anonymous Coward

In need of "The Raiding Chair"

http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=408

No actual statistics?

Then this is totally meaningless. And BTW thanks for nothing for me having to visit The Sun to see if there were any stats in the original story Reg. Now I feel like I need to take a shower.

Joke

In other news

New Budweiser bottling plant to be built in the Edge Hill area.

MJI
Silver badge

Budweiser

Who has got rights to the name now in the UK?

One is wee, the other a nice Czech lager

Joke

How long...

...before we get gaming chairs based on those in Idiocracy (i.e. built in pan)? Probably an iPatent for it somewhere.

Silver badge

Master of Orion II

I used to play that til I heard the birds tweeting in the morning.

The odd late night gaming session isn't going to hurt anybody.

Trollface

I know where they're comming from.

i'm urinating in a bottle as I type this.

Facepalm

Urine powered games

http://bit.ly/xpyGBN <- Sega debuts the urine powered TOYLET...

I'm guessing Leroy didn't have a bottle handy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zll_jAKvarw

Anonymous Coward

No, Leeroy had microwaved chicken.

I personally issue the warning "taking a leak" and put /follow* on the healer of the group. And go to the loo.

People usually waits 30 seconds without issue. Most people confess they take the break and go THEMSELVES TOO when I get back.

* Do I really need to explain what /follow does?

Anonymous Coward

poopsockers

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Sensational

Quote:

"I've worked with kids who will urinate in a bottle in their room, rather than leave the screen," she writes.

No numbers given. 'Kids' (plural) can be as little as 2 children. That's out of the entire UK population of sub-18 year olds.

Another instance of sensationalising by the mass media. (Surely not 'The Sun'?).

IT Angle

If I can not sleep

Sometimes on the weekend if I can not sleep I'll log into WOW to do something boring that will put me right back to sleep. resource hoarding getting leather and mining can be so testing of the spirit that I just collapse onto my bed sleeping to the music of goldshire.

Eh?

Classic sun journalism, they can't even get the facts right.

1) WOW has different servers for the likes of US and China etc, so nobody is going to be on a wildly different timezone. No getting up at 3am. For other online shooter games, they are largely ping dependent, so same goes.

2) Finding a guild who don't do 7pm-9pm core raiding times, is as unlikely as finding a good sun journalism. Hell, I've considered joining the US wow servers so that I can raid with someone at my time. Same for online shooter games, most matches will be 7-9pm.

Silver badge

As a former employer

it would be welcome if - especially the women - DID pee into bottles at their desk.

The time lost to queuing for a stall, washing, primping, adjusting hair, makeup and occasionally,. clothing, as well as having a dirty joke and a giggle, is according to unpublished studies, massive.

Joke

I doubt this is a problem for Bear Grylls

He'd just call it 'recycling'.

Anonymous Coward

Talk about clueless

It's amazing what teens will do to see a little tit and ass in video games.

But if a kid is doing this on a school night, the issue is bad parenting, not computer games.

If the kid is doing is business into bottles, the issue is a lousy guild, not a lousy game. A guild that can't organize a bathroom break should not be expected to organize a decent raid or anything else.

Still, this article does give a new meaning to playing computer games until the wee hours of the morning.

Happy

That's all very well...

... but a number 2 is what we would call a non-maskable interrupt.

Devil

Sun?

Wot's that? *mashes keys*

Coat

heh...

three pages of comments and no mention of Jarate.

Mines the one with the Heavy Weapons Guy embroidered on the back.

Pint

Amateurs bottle...

...pros catheterize.

Silver badge
Pint

Note to self....

Never accept an unopened Mountain Dew when visiting my gamer friends.....

Thumb Up

I spent 2-3 years playing Everquest after graduating and getting a job. Yep, there were early morning quests, but I sticked to a European guild to avoid stupid USA timezones.

Most fun part of my life!

Er... of course, I was a Wizard, so would just overnuke, get summoned, go to the loo, come back to myself being rezzed, and then carry on...

Anonymous Coward

See peeing in a bottle so as not to miss a seconds inter web is acceptable...

so why did I get thrown out of the library then?

Joke!

Pint

Kids nowadays...

... don't even know they are born. In the good old days we had to piss into bottles while playing D&D.

Anonymous Coward

nothing new

Nothing new here I've been pissing in to bottles year I prefer the 3 litre wide neck ones that really cheap soda or cider comes in. They make a great insulator when piled up at the window. Also boots some times to a buy 2 get one free on Depends, and that helps a lot when coding or gaming.

Those microwave burgers and hotdogs can also be heated quite nice by placing them on your heat sinks takes a big longer to get to temp but works fine and you dont have to move far.

Headmaster

David Niven

... once had to do this, he wrote, when he was obliged to remain sitting at some tedious regimental dinner where no one could leave until some pompous oaf got up who was also at the meal. However, I guess this would be called "tradition" rather than feckless youth at work...

Bronze badge
Windows

Godalmighty...

You don't get this problem with postal chess, do you?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.