back to article Ten... Androids to outshine the iPhone 4S

Yes folks, it’s that time again when across the land otherwise rational and even sensible adults feel the need to whip themselves into a frenzy over the pending arrival of the latest iPhone. To be honest, I find the whole charade rather entertaining and have taken to sauntering over to the Trafford Centre come launch day, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Force.
    Facepalm

You seriously need to adjust the price listed for the xperia play I wouldn't get one for £420 but recently it has been going at around the £200 mark on many respectable websites.

2. Volvic

Motorola Pro+

How have you managed to give a phone that hasn't been released yet 85%?

3. cloudgazer
    Stop

Accurate portrayal of facts please?

'Samsung’s Mk. 2 Galaxy S is, depending on whose numbers you read and believe, the best-selling smartphone of 2011'

Hmm, I think you meant that to say 'the best selling smartphone released in 2011', because the way it's worded currently makes it seem like it's sold the most units in 2011, and that's just not true - as I'm sure you're aware.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But...

I would rather date Beyoncé than Rihanna

1. Easier on the ears

2. Easier on the eye

5. P. Lee

Porsche boxster syndrome?

Not quite a good analogy because they are both Porsches. That's more like buying the 8gb rather than the 32gb version of the Apple product.

On the other hand, you might want a Land Rover. Not as fast, but better over rough ground, carries more people and happens to be slightly cheaper than the 911 too. It isn't better or worse, its just different.

Of course, if you are buying a phone as a status symbol, you will want the iphone purely because it costs more, so the Porsche analogy works well there. However, some people want a phone for what it can do for them. Horses for courses.

Despite (due to?) having an iphone in the family, I actually prefer my samsung. It isn't as pretty as the iphone 4, but it does more of what I need it to do and it does it in an easier fashion.

6. Patrick 14

Play

You can get the Xperia Play for £200 from expansys and just over that at clove

Its not bad but I found the camera very very slow.

7. Pessable
    Stop

if none of these handsets put their hands up your dress

"if none of these handsets put their hands up your dress"

I can't beleive that someone doesn't edit these articles for taste and decency.

1. DRendar
      Coat

New here huh?

As title.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not sure that any of these outshine the old Iphone4...

...let alone the Iphone 4S, except in some specific features.

Just another case of Reg taking the opportunity to whip up clicks based on an Apple release by trying to be controversial.

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

So in summary..

The lowest score of all these iPhone4S beaters is 75%, that surely makes the iPhone4S a 70% review score then? (Plus the 10-15% Apple tax bonus of course)...

10. Tony Horrocks 1

Where is your evidence?

Errmmm is it me or is there a distinct lack of evidence to support the headline of this article? None of your reviews give any point-by-point comparison between the review model and the upcoming iPhone 4S, nor the new software features available for it, iOS5.

Not only that, how on earth could you actually do a real life comparison since the iPhone4s has not yet been released?

I'm surprised The Register prints this sort of garbage.

1. Piro Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Goodness

It's a troll article, and you fell for the bait. Good lord.

It amused me anyway.

11. Peter Townsend
    Gimp

Yes, it's you...

"Errmmm is it me or is there a distinct lack of evidence to support the headline of this article? None of your reviews give any point-by-point comparison between the review model and the upcoming iPhone 4S, nor the new software features available for it, iOS5.

Not only that, how on earth could you actually do a real life comparison since the iPhone4s has not yet been released?

I'm surprised The Register prints this sort of garbage."

I suspect this is how it works. Reg sees iPhone announce date, thinks, "Ah, good excuse to do a round-up of the main competition from the only real competitive OS".

Random hack is told to knock out 150 wds per phone - which kinda rules out any forensic point-by-point comparison - and give it a gently anti-Apple spin in the interests of getting the brand fanatics frothing at the mouth (again).

Job done I'd say.

Of course there is always some tit who takes it far, far too seriously.

12. fattymcbutterpants
    Thumb Down

Have fun with that malware

Anybody can write malware that many ignorant Android device owners will download and install.

No thanks!

13. Ramazan
    Joke

these times it takes 10 of 'em

to outshine lone iPhone

14. Gadget Rage is BAD
    FAIL

Innovation

One of the biggest things leveled at Apple is that the 4S lacks innovation, show me where exactly on any of those phones where the innovation is? They're all just the same thing with slightly different screens, cameras etc. iPhone competitors, yes, beaters, no.

15. Don Constance
    Headmaster

Dictionary.

Do any of these phones come with a dictionary? If so you might want to use it to look up "enormity". A little more attention to grammar required, perhaps at the expense of taking the piss out of other peoples choice of toys.

16. Alex McKenna

Why settle for 5 inches?

If I were Androidist, I'll be saving my pennies for the next size up - the 6.9 inch, or the super 8.5" Galaxy phone - or maybe the one after that - the 10.5 incher.

Of course it will mean either growing larger hands or using both to hold the darn thing to my ear.

Seriously though, all these phones have one thing or another going for them, but sadly none have the whole lot, and most have nasty flaws.

End-user satisfaction ratings are the best clue to which phone works in real life, and which is just a feature-box-ticker.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like