back to article iPhone users richer, brainier, more tasteful than Android-ers

A massive survey of smartphone users purports to show that iPhone users are sushi-eating leaders, while anyone touting an Android handset prefers steak and following others. The survey comes from Hunch.com, and is compiled from the responses of 15,000 people who volunteered to answer questions on the company's website, so it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

At least...

those you mock would know that “an” precedes “iGenius”, not “a”.

1. hamacy
        Facepalm

I know, I feel so inadequate now

I should have spoken to a iGenius before I posted. Thank you for pointing out my inferiority.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Facepalm

No...

Just proof read your missives. There's a good chap. Nice to see that you know you station though.

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a bit like the old Mitchell and Webb ads

The whole PC versus Mac thing; Jez being a smug, preening tosser, Mark being a pretty down to earth, nerdy guy.

Actually fits quite well in this context.

It certainly wasn't one of Apples better choices though.

2. Steve Evans

Oooh...

Looks like the range of the Jobsien reality distortion field is larger than we initially thought!

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Can you explain...

why you used a screen grab from Two and a Half Men to go with this headline?

4. Armando 123

Meh

Okay, I have an advanced degree, own an iPhone, and like a good Riesling. However, I also own a chainsaw, go squirrel and deer hunting, have season tickets to the local NFL team, and like watching dirt-track sprint and midget races.

And I refuse to eat sushi; I've cleaned too many fish to do that.

OTOH, I do know a couple Android users who keep trying to argue that I paid too much for my iPhone and that their phone is just as good. They say the same thing about their Korean cars and my VW Golf ... until we raced.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

meh

"However, I also own a chainsaw"

figures. chainsaws are for soft flabby yuppy wannabes, next time, try an axe..... if you can lift one.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Sarah Davis

don't forget other surveys

wasn't there a survey a couple of years ago showing iPhone and Apple fanbois were more likely to be pretentious and exaggerate or lie

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think it's more telling that iPhone users are 50% more likely to have used the internet *before* 1992 :)

So who other than Tim Berners-Lee filled in this survey and had used it back then?...

1. Armando 123

Uh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rn_%28newsreader%29

web <> internet

Bah, kids these days with their androids and fax machines and hula hoops; don't know a thing about punch cards and drum memory and aaaaaaAAAAAAAAGH!

</grumpy_old_man>

8. Jim 59

Text driving

iPhone users were dumb enough to text while driving. That is the only bit of the survey that is not humourous.

9. tw@tpanda
    Flame

Hmmm...

So the choice is between sushi and steak? That's no contest, steak all the way! Flame grilled of course.

10. BorkedAgain
    Thumb Up

Infographic...

"...so simple even the Windows Mobile user can understand it."

There, fixed that for you.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

There are surveys, surveys and damed surveys

"Android users being 71% more likely to have never left the USA"

You had me laughing at this point as I had to chastise myself for forgetting that nothing exists outside of the US of A...

12. Volker Hett

To sum up the comments

When I want to be a cool frood I better get an Android. Luckily I have one already.

So I can go out for a Steak, Kobe of cause, and a beer, Sylter Hopfen please.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Cool?

I think you mean Hoopy Frood - and make sure your android doesn't have dodgy diodes down the left side, it'll bitch and moan forever.

Can I get a hitchhikers icon?

1. BorkedAgain
        Headmaster

Hoopy as adjective?

...and there was me thinking it was a noun. As in "Hey, you sass that hoopy, Ford Prefect?"

The towel locator app is more likely to be found on Android. just saying. Draw your own conclusions...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Headmaster

Adjective

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoopy

13. The Jase

From the front of the Hunch webpage

Has reading comprehension dropped?

The front of their webpage states

"Hunch does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any advice or content on the Hunch site"

14. spiny norman

Help!

I want a new phone and obviously the image thing is far more important than mere functionality. So do I want to be seen as a macho, country-dwelling, red-neck, Matalan-shopping misery guts with more sense than money, or a girly, city slicker, liberal optimist with more money than sense?

15. Willington

So, reading between the lines...

iPhone users are a bunch of arrogant pricks who think the law doesn't apply to them and would make excellent drummers in a cheese shop. Well that's how I read it.

16. This post has been deleted by its author

17. Syntax Error
    WTF?

Read the Small Print on the Page

"Hunch does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any advice or content on the Hunch site"

18. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Put this survey together with the one saying IE users are dumber...

...and run. Grab a popcorn. Take a seat. Watch the flame wars!

19. Zero Sum
    Thumb Down

Android logo: Fat, no-neck alien

The main problem with Android (for me, at least) is that its logo is a fat, angry alien with no neck! I mean, look at those antennae/eyebrows – the creature hates humans.

I'm sure it's not meant to symbolise Americans in general, but it certainly could be a figurehead for the Republicans – as is borne out by its user profiles.

Who on Earth commissioned the design of that revolting, snot-coloured fascist icon?

20. Dana W
    Flame

Meh.

Bla, bla, bla, fashion, bla, bla bla, iSheep, Bla Bla, money, bla, bla, bla..............

I am the LEAST trendy, least fashion conscious person I know. I get my admittedly pricy Apple kit because after a life of fiddling with computers I don't want to anymore. It does what I need without me ever having any issues. Three Macs, six years, one dodgy power switch in a laptop once. Was fixed overnight, not shipped in a box to somewhere to wait for weeks. "I'm talking to YOU Dell"

Same with my phone. Had a GPS fail once. Went to the Apple store, they looked at it, handed me another one and sent me on my way. It took ten minutes This is what people want, they want something that like their TV works when they turn it on, and they don't have to think about. that's all they want to know. THIS is why Apple is minting money. They make it a good experience. Nobody I converted ever regretted it.

Yes I could run an Android phone and jack new OS updates even when the maker refuses to provide. But why do I want the hassle? The vast majority of phone owners cannot. Most don't know what an OS IS! And they don't WANT to know. "Half the Android owners I meet think its the same thing as iOS only cheaper." And these people don't give a wet slap about what open source is at all. They want to know if it plays movies, Angry Birds and Facebook. That's your average user.

Apple works for what I need it for, and I could care less what other people are using, or what anybody else thinks. I'm tired of fiddling around to keep computers stable. I use my fiddling time these days to play with my old Beetle or my little French moped. I decided about 2005 one dark night that having to pull a virus out with a registry editor instead of sleeping was simply not worth my time. If wanting my computer and phone to simply work with no hassles and eat none of my time makes me a sheep, well Baa Baa Baa.

Get the hint folks. The tech companies don't care about the the geeks anymore, just the sheep they market to. And there are just as many sheep with Winboxes as with Macs. And just as many sheep with Android as with iOS. The iSheep buy the pretty, and the Winsheep buy Windows "because everyone uses it".

Sheep are sheep. Most of us buy what works for us, stupid people buy shiny for shiny's sake, no matter the brand.

21. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

They just be followers of a control-freak, crony-capitalist, patent troll.

More money and more expensive toys does not automatically indicate good culture, good taste, good judgement or even virtue.

Google at least recognise that IP is a pointless and expensive game, and only reluctantly seek their own patent portfolio, to protect Google from corporations who would rather sue to reduce choice than recognise that Capitalism involves and requires competition, without arbitrary state privilege and protection (i.e. corporatism) which corrupts the market.

22. HP Cynic

Wow

The key words in the article were "It's all nonsense of course" and year here we are after literally dozens of comments actually arguing about the whole iPhone/Android (and their respective users).

Many of them tongue-in-cheek of course but still....

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like