back to article Billionaire Zuckerberg kills to eat

Facebook's billionaire boy genius, Mark Zuckerberg, is a confessed killer – and he's proud of it. "The only meat I'm eating is from animals I've killed myself," Zuckerberg told Fortune. "So far, this has been a good experience." Among Zuckerberg's victims have been a lobster, chicken, pig, and goat. The lobster met its maker …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. mark 63 Silver badge

" The year before it was to wear a tie every day."

" The year before it was to wear a tie every day."

...just lost remaining respect and interest

2. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Have to kill to eat meat?

Sorry but I don't buy the argument. Just because someone can't stomach a job means they shouldn't be able to benefit from the proceeds? Sorry sir, but you can't use the toilet, you haven't taken your re-certification in digging shit out of underground sewers this year.

And "only eating meat you've killed" is just hugely pretentious. Visit an abattoir, understand the process, then make a conscious decision. Anyone who would do this is a complete douche.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. M Gale

Small difference.

Digging out a sewer doesn't involve slicing throats.

And yes, actually, I have assisted in slurping out the contents of Gran's cesspit, before she got a sewage digester. Now that's a stench you don't forget in a hurry.

3. ratfox
    Angel

I believe you should only use a computer you have built yourself

So as to appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

1. M Gale
      Boffin

Oh Hi, ratfox.

You must be new here.

Goggles for blowing dust out and anti-static mat at the ready!

2. Pigeon

You just wanted to use the new icon.

No offence intended!

4. Nunyabiznes

Yeah, yeah, yeah title schmitle.

Vegetarian is an old Native American word for "poor hunter".

5. Stevie

Huzzah!

I fully support Zuckerberg in his desire to fully appreciate The World As It Is without the welding goggles of civilization getting in the way.

I look forward to his accounts of smelting his own car next year, and only using hand-fabbed chips in his Arsebook thingy the year after that.

6. Tim

Zuck

Good on him for this, but is anyone else worried that he's turning into Vladimir Putin?

7. GoldenRule

Jean clelland-Morin

I bought a little house on a river in France. As planned, I went fishin'. I didn't even like what I did to the worms. And I said out loud, people should have to kill what they eat and be conscious of the process that puts that meat on the table. / My husband and dog are not vegetarians. I should be. / When I walk the animal-shelter dogs through the woods in the afternoons, I hear the hunters guns. This is a sport. With the effort and cost of hunting, it is not about feeding oneself. It is about the pleasure of killing animals. There is a disconnect. The planet would greatly benefit if we cut down on meat-eating. // Jean Clelland-Morin

8. Maty

Of course!

I should only eat what I personally kill. Ummm... looking around at a suburban environment, there seems to be a shortage of deer, cattle or even goats.

Menu options are:

A rather ill-looking pigeon

The neighbour's cat

The incredibly annoying kids from down the street.

I believe the latter go well with onions and a good Chianti?

9. Joe User
    Mushroom

I'm a true believer in PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

10. Assumed Name
    WTF?

I will only use software that I wrote from now on

No more Facebook, I guess.

Personal growth goal.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Why Kill When Cooking Automatically Kills Anyway?

Boiling an animal because you want to appreciate it?

Besides the main concern about most of the fluffier animals that you eat will be their lives. They get a relatively quick death but some of them have truly crappy lives.

I have to admit though the most I do about it is buy free-range eggs.

Penguin drowned in Wine with Mint sauce for dinner would be nice. Tux in!

1. jake Silver badge

@AC 22:46

"Penguin drowned in Wine with Mint sauce for dinner would be nice."

Uh ... no, it wouldn't. Penguin tastes like a cross between seagull/rat and old, oily fish. And it's really, really stringy. Quite narsty, actually.

The scene: Accident with a cage door at the San Diego Zoo in 1983ish ... The bird tried to poke his head back at us just as the door was closing. The otherwise healthy bird died instantly and we decided "waste not, want not", and fired up the hibachi ... My ex- was pre-vet at the time ...

1. alwarming
        Mushroom

Re: The otherwise healthy bird died instantly

Maybe it wasn't healthy (before doorjam) after all ?

12. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Meat eaters and vegans

I have never met any "meat eater" who only eats meat nor have I ever met a vegan who eats only "grass" unless of course eggs, milk and butter is considered grass.

If we were "designed" to eat only grass we would have the same type of stomach as a cow. We do not.

As for Fuckenberg I suppose I am, bye now, the only one in the world who has not signed into that fartbook and the richer he gets the more we will read about his wonderful brains.

That is just the way it goes and there is nothing odd or wrong about it.

13. Tom 7

a quick death?

Not so according to the Australians - and we know how they treat people..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13598243

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.