back to article iPhone users get more sex than Android fans

When it comes to getting laid, put your Blackberry back in your hip holster and don't get caught touching an Android. The iPhone gets results. iPhone users are getting more sex then their counterparts on RIM or Google devices, with women iPhone users getting more action than their male counterparts. Women iPhone users are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Jess
    Paris Hilton

Rule of three

Does this survey take it into account?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

mental illness

Have huge amounts of lead entered the UK water system?

Brain damaged or what?

For a second I thought this b*llshit was spouted by phones4u again. No, it's OKCupid. I see. So you've just wasted 5 mins of my life on article thats pure crap.

Cheers, El Reg!

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Obviously!

Why do you let your obvious feelings of inferiority towards us British get the better of you so often?

You really are a pathetic little attempt at a man, aren't you?

2. Maryland, USA
      FAIL

Don't blame Reg; they got it from CNET (USA)

And CNET drew the same asinine conclusion:

"Study: iPhone grippers have more sex than Android clutchers"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20013268-71.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't blame Reg; they got it from CNET (USA)

No we didn't!

The source for this silly survey released in the silly season is OK Cupid, not CNET.

1. Maryland, USA
          Thumb Down

Then you independently parrotted CNET's and OK Cupid's' unfounded inference?

that more partners = more sex? Though CNET readers had pointed out the fallacy? The more's the shame.

3. Jimboom
    FAIL

And who do you believe

Or perhaps it's more of a case of Iphone users are more willing to "say" they have sex more regularly because in actual fact they are sad, lonely fanboys. Whereas Android users don't give 2 hoots about some report and just tell the truth.

4. Rhiakath Flanders
    Paris Hilton

Then again...

Maybe what this means is, if you have an iPhone, you spend so much time playing with it, that you can only have one night affairs. Lots of them. He/she dumps you right after, when , instead of cuddling with him/her, you grab your iPhone.

An android user, on the other hand, gets to keep his/her sexual partner. And still bang a lot. But with the same person :)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

If not having an iPhone means not getting laid then

I for one consider it a bargain.

6. Lottie

Interesting

My line manager keeps on about her iPhone and how it's wonderful etc, trying to get me to justify my Android.

Dear LM, you are officially sluttier than me.

7. NightFox

Hold on

Only problem is the iPhone 4 owners have to grip it in a special way or no result.

8. Jon Massey
    FAIL

Not an SLR

The Panasonic Lumix micro-4/3 cameras may be inter-changeable lens but they are not Single Lens Reflex.

1. NightFox

Thanks for that.

Bet you don't even get laid as much as a Blackberry owner

9. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

10 sexual partners for men with an iPhone.

You could sleep with 10 prostitutes for the price of an iPhone 4 on contract.

Granted, for that money the women wouldn't be too "fresh". You'd probably have to do it on a dirty mattress while her prospective clients watched, shooting up heroin and whipping you with a length of surgical tubing.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Ok....

so what about Symbian?

11. David
    Happy

Probably Better If

they said that peolpe who sleep around more also tend to blindly follow fashions.

I bet about 50% of the "partners" were had before the iPhone came out.

I had an iPhone, got very little, then got an HTC Hero and got a lot more. Mind you that may have been sympathy sex. I've since replaced it for a Nokia and am still getting plenty :)

12. CmdrX3
    Jobs Horns

Hmmmmm - What was the question they asked?

Marketeer: Excuse me Madam! I notice you are using an iPhone. If you don't mind me asking you this question, have you have been screwed by Steve Jobs?

Madam: Yes!!!

13. J Lewter

Another Title for this research....

"Non-Apple Smartphone users can find stable relationships"

14. NX1977
    WTF?

what does.it say about their partners?

If the select their partners based on having an iPhone or not?

I worry for the future gene pool of humanity, I really do!

15. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

And then of course

87.3 % of all statistics are made up!

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Really?

I swapped my old iPhone 3G for an Android last year so does that now mean I'm finally settling down?

In any case, I've had more phones than iPhone girls have had guys.

Just need to add up my Nokia's, Motorolas, Ericssons, Sony Ericssons, iPhones and Androids together and you might be able to work out just how much sex I've had.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Playmobil construction...

or this survey never took place!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Can any useful info be gleaned from this? Why, yes...

That's an interesting chart, but I'm not sure what it means. While the difference appears to be statistically significant, it's possible to draw differing conclusions...

Since the chart indicates number of sexual partners, and not necessarily frequency, it's not necessarily a metric for who's getting laid most often, but more cloesly related to who's more likely to give it up on short notice.

So will buying a iPhone help get you laid? Perhaps not. While it does have it's appeal as a status symbol in some circles, it will probably take more than that to close the deal.

It's a known quantity that iPhones are popular with people who find trendy stuff important, and Androids are popular with geeky types, so I'm sure that skews the result... the trendy types are most likely more into going out and being social, and thus collecting more conquests...

Or perhaps hos just prefer iPhones...

But one bit of useful info can be gleaned - as closing time is approaching and it's time to make that last ditch effort, look for the skank tying to drunk dial on her iPhone...

19. Station Grey

Exaggerating?

It does seem a little odd that the gadget users that have most sexual partners are Panasonic SLR owners... especially considering Panasonic don't actually make any SLRs.

20. Jon 52
    Jobs Horns

new model

It's obvious Iphone users have to get the latest shiney model as soon as it comes out, if its 3 months old it is past it. If it apllies to phones it applies to partners.

21. Franklin
    Thumb Up

The article may be a load of bollocks...

...but the comments are a fascinating sociological study in contemporary attitudes about sex, complete with the requisite slut-shaming, assumptions about fidelity, and speculation about partner selection criteria.

The original OK Cupid correlation is utterly worthless, but the comments here are pure anthropological gold.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Number of partners

Um...current...or total? If current, that’s a little high. If total, those are some depressingly low numbers. Especially by 30.

23. justkyle
    Go

Hey,

There *IS* an app for that

http://gizmodo.com/5603920/an-iphone-app-to-schedule-and-graph-sex-with-all-your-girlfriends

24. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Wrong conclusion

All this study really shows is that iPhone users are more enthusiastic imbibers down at the pub...

25. David Pickering
    Thumb Up

good job

fanning the fanboi/hateboi flames there.. if you were of a simplistic persuasion, you might read it that by not having an iphone you're somehow missing out...

26. bugalugs
    Paris Hilton

don't diss Panasonic

I have owned a Panasonic XB70 for 11 years.

During which time I have had sex 4,685,237

( approx., give or take a few powers of 10 ) times.

ALL originating from 1,

repeat 1,

INCOMING call.

Cost ZERO.

And the vibrator still works when nothing else will !

Paris because she wants one too...

27. Jean-Paul

This is hilarious

Even now the hurds of tinkering nerds are looking at ways to put down the iPhone...Maybe if they focus on their own pathetic lives and stop tinkering they realise there is a world out there ;-)

28. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Put down an iPhone?

Jean-Paul - You appear to have a light grasp on the concept, old boy...

Here's how you put down an iPhone...

Place it on the floor

Remove your hand,

then take a mallet to the damn thing.

Easy.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yeah....

With their hand.......

30. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Android users get laid, there is an App for that

Hi, as an answer to this crazy claim there is now an app for Android only, called GetLaid:-)

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.manek.getlaid/GetLaid-Priceless-but-free

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like