back to article Pakistani lawyer petitions for death of Mark Zuckerberg

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is being investigated by Pakistani police under a section of the penal code that makes blasphemy against Muhammad punishable by death. BBC Urdu reports — according to a Google Translation — that Pakistan's Deputy Attorney General has launched a criminal investigation against Zuckerberg and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'Most US flights stop off in Shannon for refuelling'

They do if it's about 1965.

Christ knows what this page looks like in your browser.

1. Trollslayer
    Flame

Anyone remember human rights there

Slaughtering families who won't marry the way someone else wants etc.

Funny priorities.

2. Dave Cheetham

In return...

Will they be handing over all the terrorists they are giving refuge to as they are in contravention of our laws.

Religious crap. You can't be held liable for blasphemy if you don't believe! They are in infringement of my right to be an athiest.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

NUTZ!!

i had always said it and had always asked this question why any religion is an acceptable form of insanity?

what we all need to do is wake the hell up and wipe all religions of the face of humanity for our own very survival depends on it as still dominating species on this planet.

and yes because i am cheap i also drew a picture of muhhamed in the dot of one of the i of this post!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All that religion ever proves...

....is that mankind is a failed experiment.

5. Toastan Buttar

Blasphemy...

...the only true victimless crime.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@ AC 10:51 - There is no GOD!!!

Ok, well prove that God doesn't exist!

I am no religious nut job but I do have a faith (Christian in case you were wondering). I am not devout or an extremist but I gain comfort and peace of mind from knowing there is something or someone who knows more about what is going on then someone like you or I.

If you are looking for proof or an exact answer as to how/why/what/when for infinity then you are going to have quite a busy time. However if you do find it by next Wednesday (going on holiday for a few weeks after that) then give me a shout and I will apologise unreservedly

Sorry for going off topic but I hate the 'you are an idiot for believing in God ' view point. Extremist violence and hate is obviously not what it is about but people are allowed to have faith.

P.s. Oh and fingers crossed I will be forgiven for calling you a tw@

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Faith

Having faith that gives you comfort is one thing, it's entirely personal, but using that faith to impose your understanding of the universe on others is quite another.

And you failed your reality check btw - you can't prove a negative - that stands to *reason*

1. steogede

Re: Faith

>> And you failed your reality check btw - you can't prove a negative - that stands to *reason*

I have faith that you cannot prove that you cannot prove a negative, but I cannot prove it.

7. Valerion

God

I may not be an expert but I always thought Mohmammed was a 7th century prophet and specifically NOT a God.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sit

They'll make up any old crap to stir up some unthinking self-righteous xenophobia.

8. John Stirling
    WTF?

Prove there is/isn't a God

To anon @ 10:51 - I believe the 'flying spaghetti monster' answers this old chestnut more than adequately.

You do not need to prove the absence of something for which there is not only no reliable or repeatable experimental evidence, but not even a decent theory. I'll accept that there is a hypothesis, and that it has evolved continually since we as a species were complex enough to conceptualise, but that hypothesis has never qualified itself as a theory, because there are no testable predictions, and no prospect of any.

Believing in God is no less ridiculous than believing in Solipsism, or simulation theory - indeed at least simulation theory has a statistical argument on it's side, and the prospect of testability as science advances. God cannot be tested, by definition, if we identify an entity in a 'heaven' then by definition it isn't God.

Sorry for going even further off topic, but I cannot let God apologists go without at least a polite challenge to their intellectual credibility.

It's probably because I am envious of their smug certainty or something...

9. Neil Greatorex
    Unhappy

Oh shit!

You can get your unmoderated wish, someone has linked to this story:

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=10/06/18/1528255

:-(

10. Neil Greatorex
    Pint

Somehow it's funny

Reading all these septics ranting along the lines of "The server isn't in Pakistan, so they can go and get stuffed" and variations on a theme, anyone recall the chap living in his Mother's basement, here in the UK, hacking into servers in the US???

Oh, and to all those complaining about the amount of moderation, go read /. with your threshold set to -1...

Once you've washed your eyes, you can come back & thank Miss Bee.

11. David 45

Nuts of a high order

Seldom have I heard such madness spouted in the name of religion. Interpol? Just who do these nutcases think they are?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

I never thought I would see the day...

But I am considering getting a FaceBook account.

13. Blogtard
    Stop

If you don't like Britain...

you could always go back to whatever cesspit of a country you crawled out from?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

England?

If it existed as a legal entity I would probably go back there.

As it is, what are my options?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What are they complaining about exactly?

We get their terrorists and they get our internet.

Sounds like they're still ahead to me.

15. neverSteady

I always hated Zuckerburg

Will the execution be shown on Facebook?

16. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Pakistani Law....

And Mark doesn't live in Pakistan. So stop trying to enforce laws outside your duristiction!!!

17. Peter Hood

Hmm

If anyone ever had any doubts about the madness of religion, here is the proof. These people ought to be locked away, since they are at risk of harming themselves or others. Bread and water for 30 years, not a day less. Or, as Duke Nukem would say whilst lobbing in a grenade, "Let god sort 'em out".

18. Gestault
    FAIL

Got ya covered, Sherlock...

"According to Pro Paskistani, petitioner Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque said he's waiting for the police to contact Interpol about making arrangements for the arrest of Facebook's owners and "Andy". The site also says that the Deputy Attorney General told the High Court that Pakistan’s United Nations representative has asked to escalate the issue in the UN General Assembly. "

Yeah, skippy...the civilized portions of the world will jump right on that...freedom suppressing idiot

19. Gestault
    FAIL

Got ya covered, Sherlock...

"According to Pro Paskistani, petitioner Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque said he's waiting for the police to contact Interpol about making arrangements for the arrest of Facebook's owners and "Andy". The site also says that the Deputy Attorney General told the High Court that Pakistan’s United Nations representative has asked to escalate the issue in the UN General Assembly. "

Yeah, skippy...the civilized portions of the world will jump right on that...i

20. Ed Carter
    Boffin

The King of Kensington

I tried to tell F*c****k to aloow people to leave. And no Zuckerberg is NOT a scientologist; please stop spreading this rumour. Soon.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nuke 'em

I favour a nuclear solution to the problem that's known as Pakistan.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Kenny Everett memorial speech

What we gotta do, is round 'em all up, put 'em in a field and BOMB the b*st*rds.

23. Peter Hood

Proof

"So all you can say is that there's no proof either way."

The burden of proof lies with the claimant. In addition, following thousands of years of no corroborating evidence, a variety of evidentiary and logical principles (parsimony, razor, falsification, verification) can easily be applied and material theories put in place of this gibberish supporting the notion that an immaterial entity exists and interacts with the material, in direct contradiction with the principle of the conservation of energy.

Finally, and from a somewhat more theological perspective, what psychopath rescues some victims of natural disasters but not others? What psychopath creates billions of entities, puts them in a world of pain, and then expects them to worship it?

This is risible, childish nonsnse.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like