back to article Approaching space object 'artificial, not asteroid' says NASA

NASA boffins report that an unknown object approaching the Earth from deep space is almost certainly artificial in origin rather than being an asteroid. NASA JPL graphic depicting the 2010 visit of object 2010 KQ. Not actually an asteroid, according to NASA, but artificial. Object 2010 KQ was detected by the Catalina Sky …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Uplink
    Flame

We suppose...

What kind of science is this? We suppose it could be artificial... And what a Google's Map satellites doing? Can't they point them the other way for a bit, and ask the space debris to say "cheese"? Are DoD's satellites too busy hunting Osama in Afganiraq and they can't spare a few seconds to make a photo of this? Alright, I'll open my trusty Photoshop then...

2. JohnG
    Alien

Petunias

10m long - was it a whale? Was there a bowl of Petunias nearby?

Of course, now the aliens know how to sneak up on us - they lob something that looks like a discarded booster on a trajectory that takes it past Earth before floating off to be retrieved later...

3. LaeMing
    Alien

They came, they saw,

they left in disgust!

4. Sam Therapy
    Coat

TARDIS junk

You all saw the chunk the Doc grabbed last week? This is the rest of it, complete with the "bigger on the inside" bits poking out.

Mine's the one with the sonic screwdriver in the pocket.

PS The New Paradigm Daleks are crap.

5. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

That's no moon.

Titanium paint, you say?

...dioxide, are there other oxides of titanium and a need to distinguish? Honestly I barely remember (or care).

6. Zmodem

its some big bold midget aliens

they will come back like a kids holywood movie and try and take over the planet

7. John F***ing Stepp

Well yes that is a moon.

Dropped it's pants didn't it?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Calling Major Tom.....

Beep....beep....beep.....

Hey Tom, you remember the experiment you were doing back in the 70's with nuclear warheads in space, and one of the missiles took off on its own.....?

Beep.....beep.....beep.....

Well it's payback time. Time to drop pants and start smuckering your rear end......

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like