back to article Spooks' favourite IT firm tells Reg readers to grow up

Detica managing director Martin Sutherland wants to have a privacy debate with you, but reckons you need to grow up a bit first. As boss of the UK intelligence establishment's favourite IT contractor - now part of the UK defence establishment's favourite megacorp, BAE Systems - he's well aware of the tension between what's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. ElFatbob
    Grenade

hah

This guy's been reading too much Ben Elton.

2. Tawakalna

mature conversation?

he looks like a sh1t teacher in some grotty comprehensive, in fact he looks like a total c*ck, I cannot have a mature conversation with someone who wears a nylon suit and has a vest on in summer.

3. lukewarmdog
    Coat

No

YOU grow up.

By the rules of the playground, you now have to use MY database until you come up with a snappy comeback.

My coats the one with spare BAE stock in the pocket.

You're right.. I'm NOT just pleased to see you, it is in fact a really large gun. It's a present for a Saudi princess they haven't stoned to death yet.

4. not.known@this.address
    Black Helicopters

Data Protection Act?

How does one go about claiming damages when someone leaves a copy of my data on a train, loses it in the post, misplaces a hard-drive that is supposed to have been destroyed before the old PC was shipped to some third-world Dictatorship (hey - maybe *that's* how I can get a new machine!), or however someone within either Government, BAE Systems or Detica manages to make a mockery of their "security"?

If my wife and I both drive our car, but her insurance is cheaper through Company A and mine cheaper through Company B and the car is involved in an accident, regardless of who is at fault etc, we are supposed to notify the insurance company as they cover the CAR as well as us as individuals, n'est pas? Nice to know that you will still get clobbered if youf ollow THEIR rules, innit?

I'm on a couple of science-fiction forums where we discuss things like space travel, alien life, "creation" of fictional worlds and so on - including things like WEAPONS and COMBAT VEHICLES - and some of us even "practice" what we talk about by attending conventions, or such activities as paintball, laserquest and Airsoft. Other members include medical doctors, serving and retired military personnel, government people within various agencies around the world, and more besides. Once this database trawl gets under way, I expect I will be receiving a visit from the Men In Black since I am obviously involved in subversive activities...

One last thing... Carnivore/Detica/Echelon Bait: Gordon Brown, M16, global thermonuclear war, Whitehall, Guy Fawkes, secret mission, Horonto Gosh, Horonto Gosh, Anaya Tolya, Boom!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like