back to article Parcelforce website cold-shoulders Linux lovers

Blighty's national parcel service has no online facility for Linux fans because its website only supports some Microsoft Windows operating systems and Apple's Mac OS X. Many have complained that Royal Mail's Parcelforce.com site freezes out anyone using a Linux distro. One reader told us: "When you try and ship a parcel [on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Thumb Up

I for one thank Parcelforce for not supporting Linux...

... because it means I've heard of Parcel2Go.com. Thanks, commenters, for mentioning them.

Linux

Humans? Are you sure ?

I doubt there was an actual 'Human' ath the end of that 0870 line, probably just another tele-automaton.

Linux

IE6, Chosen Browser ?

"Considering that the mass-market choice of browser is STILL IE6 - I don't see that this is an issue? "

you seem to be under the impression that there is a 'choice'

Anonymous Coward

advice?

It's not exactly advice if the advice is "either use IE or you can't use our service"

That's force.

"We humbly force you to use our preferred browser. For no apparent reason. Even thought IE has the most risks. Thankyou for your co-operation"

Reminds me of all the website terms and conditions. "You do not have to agree to accept our cookie but if you do not you will not be able to access our website" and my favourite, the ID cards and new biometric passports . "You do not have to sign up for the ID/ new passports however if you do not you will not be able to leave the country/_____/_____"

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums