It's all OPEC's fault, according to Gordon Brown. Speaking at Google's recent Zeitgeist conference, the UK prime minister told the audience that the world's current economic woes can largely be blamed on the scandalous behaviour of the oil producer's cartel. They're just not pumping enough oil, he claims: Gordon Brown yesterday …
Cheap and Decent Whores
That shortage has been solved over recent years by importing large numbers from Eastern Europe.
Perhaps Mr Brown should be mending our fences with Russia's new premiere.
Anyone ever thought about Brazil and biofuel cars?
If you look at Brazil, they actually get to choose which fuel goes in their cars. All you need is a push to get started in the right direction.
Great video on C-SPAN explains it fairly well.
If that link does not work due to all the contorted stuff after the php, follow the link to the C-SPAN video from here (shorter URL):
Brown Bottom is not fit to soil our shoes with its stinkiness.
Global warming is not caused by humans, we are insignificant compared to the awesome power of nature, the model backed predictions are worthless, they don't even match the past or the present, in time and space, as many honest climate scientists have shown. We may see a little extra natural warming, due to the Solar cycle, but nothing like as bad as predicted by this modern day offal divination.
Socialist big government and massive fraudulent fractional reserve banking (allowed by governments) causes gross excess money supply, this grossly devalues our money, so that manufacturers and producers had little choice but to increase their prices to maintain their buying power, thus compound inflation. Our manufacturing is being driven offshore by insane business taxation, so we don't have enough wealth flowing in to pay for the higher import prices.
Read "The Grip of Death" already!
2. There is plenty of oil in the ground, there is no peak oil in sight yet, however many existing producers are unwisely neglecting their oil fields, so their production is dropping. New wells need massive amounts of money and at least 7 years to set-up, so other producers have to struggle to make up the difference until new production can be brought on-line.
3. Our profligate Marxist Socialist UK government thinks that it is perfectly fine to cream off the majority of the oil price as a percentage tax, so that the government sees a much bigger increase in fuel tax revenue that the supplier sees in their slim increased profit, for all oil price rises.
The whole stinking mess is the fault of Socialism, bogus 'Universal Morality', 'Keynesian Economics' and lots of greedy amoral thieves, who call themselves Politicians, Royalty and bankers.
"2. There is plenty of oil in the ground, there is no peak oil in sight yet, however many existing producers are unwisely neglecting their oil fields, so their production is dropping. New wells need massive amounts of money and at least 7 years to set-up, so other producers have to struggle to make up the difference until new production can be brought on-line."
that is the defnitnation of peek oil plenty in round not enought comming up
Even in the Mother Country?
Politicians pandering to the voters by grandstanding as "defenders of the people's way of life"? Is this England or the USA? Heavens!
It is nice to know that if you corner an elected politician, of any nationality, they all fall back to the basics of demagoguery. "Theres a baddy out there and we aren't going to let him harm MY folks!" No sir. I'll talk him to death. Yep.
Sigh. Not only in America.
which is more sad
option 1 - That Gordon Brown might actually believe that the current economic collapse is a direct result solely of the price of oil dictated by OPEC nations and not instead a logical progression after the removal of house prices from the calculation of inflation, exacerbated by systematic overspending and mismanagement of the rest of the economy for over a decade.
option 2 - That not one person in this thread is remotely surprised to be told that he does.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Analysis Will BlackBerry make a comeback with its SQUARE smartphones?