Feeds

back to article Racist Reg hacks slammed for 'vitriolic hatred'

Our recent piece of silliness entitled So, what's the velocity of a sheep in a vacuum? was generally well received by you, our beloved readers. Sadly, though, it didn't go down quite as well in one small corner of west Wales: I found the manner, tone and contents of your article offensive and I suspect in breach of the Uk …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Half-Welsh

For all the people calling themselves "half welsh"... if the sheep was from Wales, you are still a full blooded welshman/woman, albeit of mixed parentage.

Its only if the sheep was foreign that you qualify as a halfbreed

Best Welsh joke I know ....

... is watching John Redwood as Welsh Sec. during the Welsh anthem ... a cringe worthy of The Office.

Offending a Welshman

I am deeply offended by the implication that I can't please a sheep.

We are very fond of out woolly partners and backhanded insults like that are very hurtful.

As for you kiwi upstarts, don't come the old soldier, we taught you everything you know.

New South Wales - Australia

Its something we are taught in school, that the early british ( I cant remember if it was Capt Cook, or the First Fleet, which actually bestowed the name, and cba to look it up - hooray for education ) named the new colony New South Wales because supposedly it reminded them of Wales.

I never realised how much they must have hated the place.

@D

"PS: the earlier posters were accurate, its the kiwis that are the sheep botherers."

That's only because you bloody "West Islanders" are too busy shagging kangaroos and dingoes to bother with the sheep. :P

Hmmmm, I recall we export a lot of mutton overseas...

"We shag 'em, you eat 'em"

huw

More humourless crap

To sceptical bastard: the Welsh term I use for 'wanker' is 'hunan rwbiwr'. Not official, maybe, but works, just as 'mam-fonciwr' is a good Welsh version of motherfucker !

Anyway, as others have posted, I am Welsh and found the whole article to be bloody hilarious. This reminds me of some idiot who insisted the police investigate comments made by Anne Robinson in some interview years ago. Don't they remember that Max Boyce (crap) made a lifelong career out of songs and comments that England were shit at rugby ? Having been involved in very nationalistic behaviour over the years, as I may have done, does not preclude common sense.

For fuck sake, if people who read the register can't understand humour--(I don't fucking BELIEVE that a spell checker has marked that up as incorrect, on an UK website, who the hell has put the yanks in charge of spelling ???)-- then possibly they should stick to Hello magazine's website or something. These are the same wankers (hunan-rwbwyr ?, that would be the plural) that incessantly complain to Private Eye about things that offend them, in a satirical publication.

OK, back to the comment box, is there any reason WHY non american spelled words are highlighted as if they were spelt incorrectly ? This IS an UK based site ? That is the main reason I read it as it has less US bias than most other sites. Not racist, just like to comment in my own (second) language in my own country without being told I can't spell.

You've got to question...

why he was so drawn to read the article in the first place.

A Reply

Dear Mr. Bevan

You are an arse.

Please familiarise yourself with the concept of "light humour" and "taking a joke".

Life's too short to take yourself seriously.

Kind Regards

Oliver

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.