back to article Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s

Apple has told its suppliers to build a mighty mountain of 70 to 80 million new iPhone 6s. The new Jesus handset is expected to come in two sizes and arrive this year. This means that the number of brand-new iPhones could match the population of Germany, which is inhabited by slightly more than 80 million souls, and totally …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just to put an end to this iPhone v Android

All my Dad's what?

1 dad. 2 dads. Just add an s :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Just to put an end to this iPhone v Android

My Dad will beat up all your Dad's.

End of debate."

Yea, well, my dads gay...so my dad will fuck your dad....and your dad will like it.

</frankie>

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Well, your Mom wears open-toed combat boots and walks down the road with a mattress on her back, singing 'O come all ye faithful'! And your Dad was last in line!

2. Joe 48

@ First AC, Ha ha, so he's not the best at teaching the english language. Spent all his time in the gym ;)

@ Second AC. My Dad is fine with that. After 20 years in Prison for beating dads he's used to it.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@Joe 48

Top commentarding! Actually made me laugh out loud...now...to explain to my team why this code is amusing me so much.

1. Ben Burch

My iPhone 4 isn't worn out yet!

I *had* to replace my iPhone 3 because the battery life had gotten really bad. My iPhone 4 is still turning in a reliable performance and until it needs replacing, it is not getting replaced. A former employer of mine, Zenith, found out what happens when you build consumer goods that do not wear out quickly; Your most loyal customers are those still using the TVs they bought 20 years ago. Not that, as a consumer, I am complaining, but that is the reality. The iPhone 4 is close to indestructible (at least in my hands) and this does not bode well for Apple selling me an iPhone 5 or an iPhone 6.

1. Nifty Silver badge

Re: My iPhone 4 isn't worn out yet!

Ditto in this household. But all Apple spending is now on hold as the missus wants a circa 5" phablet with 3/4g that runs IOS. When she gets that I move from my iPhone 4 to her 4s. We still wait.

2. Michael Thibault

"iWaif"?

Nah, let's call it the iWaffer--it will almost certainly hit the market a few tenths of a millimeter thinner than something else.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Iran and the UK, which have populations of 77.6 million and 64.1 million people respectively.

So less than an Apple production run.

If Pluto is no longer considered a planet due to minimal size, perhaps Iran and any other country with fewer inhabitants should be stricken from UNO membership as being too small to be considered a 'country'.

Why yes, I am posting anonymously.

4. CaptainBlue
    FAIL

Size isn't everything, as I keep being told...

I'm a fanboi with a full complement of fruity gizmos. But I really don't need or want a bigger iPhone.

When I lent my girlfriend one of my 5s (I have three in use) after she let hers go for a swim down the pan on holiday, I put my SIM into one of the old Nokias* I have in the garage and used that for a few days. I'd forgotten how nice it is to have such an easily pocketable phone with days of battery life.

As for the latest knocking Samsung advert, well that is simply stupid but probably so apt for the 'bigger is better' eejits. My girlfriend also has an old S3 which is horribly plasticky and cheap looking and has to go in a bag, realistically. Given my suits and jeans don't have clown pockets and I'm not metrosexual enough to carry a manbag, I'll pass on the 6S (and the Samsungs) thanks.

*My spare spare fourth phone with a live SIM is a lovely small Sony W595

1. ThomH

Re: Size isn't everything, as I keep being told...

My main problem with the Samsung advert is that Samsung is the world's most successful phone manufacturer by volume (amongst other things). So what the advert appears to be saying is:

You know those people that didn't buy the same kind of phone as the overwhelming majority of people? That stick with a particular kind despite showing a conscious awareness that it severely limits their hardware options? Well they're just sheep.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Size isn't everything, as I keep being told...

Hi CaptainBlue

Two sizes can please two types of people! You'll buy one in the end, you'll see someone else with one and the screen will be to the edge of the phone, and there is no size difference at all, and that will change your mind. "It will be revolutionary, magical and it just works". Repeat Mantra

Steve

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: or the rather more sophisticated gold ..... 5S.

"I think calling someone a sophist was the insult, not calling them sophisticated"

No. The modern use of sophisticated and sophistication differs and is not from Ancient Greece. Rather it is from 17th century aristocratic France with an altogether different meaning.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: As a Moto G user

"Foolishly I decided I would root and cyanogen it. Bricked. It is not quite as trivial, or foolproof as fandroids like to claim."

Are you trying to falsely imply that jailbreaking an iBoi is easier?

1. Philip Lewis

Re: As a Moto G user

"Are you trying to falsely imply that jailbreaking an iBoi is easier?"

Only a journalist or a moron would conclude that from my post.

Same difference really.

7. Looper

Forgetting about the article...

The fanBoi and FanDroid commentards posting here are like sheep worshipping on opposite sides of their holy identical icon.

Fucking phonists...

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like