back to article iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms

Apple has been talking up its strong Mac and iOS device sales in its latest quarter – but the real news was a stonking slump in iPad numbers. The Cupertino giant said the three-month period ending June 28 was its best-ever fiscal third quarter on record. It reported revenues of $37.4bn, up six per cent year on year, which led …

Page:

1. Alan Denman

The Fad Pad

It got that name at birth.

As long as people like me shout its name people will keep buying it.

Filofax filofax filofax.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The reason why is

Apple killed the iPad 2

3. OneFisch

iOS 8 still supported on iPad 2nd Generation

Tim doesn't need to fret about declining iPad sales. As soon as he makes the call to discontinue support of future versions of iOS (I'm thankful he has not), you will see the uptick in iPad sales. From a user perspective it increases my opinion of Apple that I can still use the $500 device I purchased only 3 years ago.

4. SeanGenung

Great products don't need to be replaced often!

Of course there is a Slump my Nephew uses my iPad Original (ordered on day one), My Brother in law my iPad 2 (bought on day one) and I am happy with my 3rd generation (bought a few months after release for a development project that need the high res), they all still run well, they don't need to be replaced as often as a phone for that matter I doubt I will upgrade from mine or my wife's iPhone 5 to a 6 because that is running real well too. So I guess some who only look at todays bottom dollar would preach doom and gloom but, I will never buy an android and there is no need to upgrade a product that just works GREAT. The next Laptop I buy will be an mac book pro (again), the next desktop I buy will be an iMac 27" (again) and all of my mobile devices are Apple as well with no plans to change that either. Apple will be fine those people buying new devices every year can waste their money any way they want, while I get some real use out of my Apples.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like