back to article Look behind you, 'declining' sub-$5bn iPod. The iWatch has come... to EAT YOU

The semi-mythical iWatch is set to make the iPod extinct, an analyst has predicted. Christopher Caso, an analyst with Susquehanna Financial Group, prophesied the death of the iPod, which will be supplanted in Apple's product range whenever the new wearable computer comes out. He had been on a pilgrimage to the Far East, where …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: [citation found]

To be fair, I couldn't be arsed to find a better one, they exist.

And you stupid "rhetorical" question would add nothing to your argument no matter what the answer

1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Happy

Sports

Make it neat, thin and waterproof - and with internal sensors, metering and GPS etc and with a decent app it would make the purchase of an Ambit 2 or 910XT a tricky proposition.

2. Fenton

Watches are soooo yesterday

We'll according to my daughter anyway.

Now an iwatch will have to have a tiny battery, but will probably draw a lot of power.

Now I like a watch to tell the time. Without me having to take it off my wrist to recharge (now on year 5 on my wrist watch without a battery change)

Likewise my headphones I don't want to have to recharge (I know I will keep forgetting).

I'm used to recharging my phone, it sits next to me at work plugged into a USB port, is about the right size for surfing, has a lot of storage (but not enough to get rid of my iPod Classic).

The only reason I can think of for an iwatch is FaceTime or a quick glance to see who's calling and maybe the odd fitness app,

Anything else then something like google glass is more appropriate (augmented reality).

3. I've forgotten what I wanted to say...

My not particularly expensive watch is a kinetic and no batteries are required... Could this run an iDevice?

4. Random Coolzip

" it doesn't make sense to travel with 2 devices when you can have just 1 "

Sure it does. When the battery in your iPad dies, you can then fire up the iPod so you can at least listen to music until you get to your destination. Or you can use your phone to take pictures so you don't look like an absolute tw*t trying to do so with your tablet.

With devices getting so small, it doesn't really matter how many of them you have, they still all fit in a backpack/duffle/overcoat. It's just the chargers and cables that give me fits.

5. Dick Emery

iWatch Pron

With the iWatch Pron you no longer need to charge your 'i' device as it works on friction.

6. Alan Denman

Bluetooth headphones Ut Uh

So how long would a tiny watch battery last for lots of BT data at a distance as long as your arm?

And I already thought the watch problem was already a battery life one.

The iPod is dead and I am Watching the excuses..

7. rav

Say what?

Unless it has 200gig of storage, Bluetooth and play for 5 hours, I don't want it.

The iPod classic is the best.

8. Alan Denman

a 5 hour watch?

then they will have to call it the Eclipse Watch.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like