back to article Google Glass: Reg man tests tech specs

Ever since Google revealed its Glass tech specs, the more enthusiastic members of the technological commentariat declared that we are only weeks away from devices that not only calculate just how much of that Ben & Jerry's triple-cream treacle fudge delight you just ate, but can also figure out its impact on your cholesterol …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Carl W

As a myopic, I couldn't get it to fit with my glasses on, nor could I see the display with them off.

1. The Wegie

They are supposed to be making them compatible with prescription lenses.

However, as I've spent the last couple of decades spending ever more money to get the perfect invisible pair of glasses (contacts and I no longer really get along, alas), the glassicles completely defeat the purpose as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the weight factor -- the aforementioned invisible glasses are rimless, have ultra-thin-and-light lenses, and earpieces titanium wire, and they still feel heavy and uncomfortable after 12 hours or so -- the glassicles would mean a return to the days of earache.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...the right arm is rather more substantial than the left,"

Ohh, I think I can explain *that* easily enough...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google glass.

Four eyes or snore eyes?

4. Peter Ford

Is it waterproof?

I'd love a voice-controlled head-up display when I'm training in my kayak - two hands on the paddle mean pressing buttons or touch screens is a pain (especially when the river is a bit swirly)

Even if all it does is link to my smartphone in a waterproof bag in my pocket...

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. IT Drone

Not just the people wearing them...

Surely the correct British response to Google Glass is a slight raise of the eyebrows or at most a barely audible tut. All this upvoting and downvoting shows a lack of sang-froid, chaps.

If Google Glass takes off at all it will probably just be a passing fad. Only a couple of years back taxi drivers, white-van men and salemen used to have bluetooth headsets permanently attached to their heads.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.