back to article Gran Turismo 6: Another glossy, gorgeous Mario Kart on steroids

I must admit to being rather surprised when Gran Turismo 6 was first announced. Not because yet another entry into Polyphony Digital’s driving series was a shock, but rather because it was announced for the PS3, not the the PlayStation 4. Gran Turismo 6 GT6: Revved not revised GT6 for PS4 makes rather a lot of sense, you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. jai

complete overhaul of the series in GT7?

I thought GT5 was going to be a complete overhaul - and that was YEARS late in it's arrival.

So we can expect GT7 as launch title for the PS5 perhaps?

2. nedge2k

Re: Your phone works on electricity

GT5 was horrendous for a game that took ~6 years to make and GT6 is not much better. The majority of the cars are 'standard', with the rest being 'premium' yet all sound equally awful. I also fail to understand why people praise the handling. It seems most cars are biased toward terrible understeer. If you throw a car into a corner and brake or let off the gas, the back end will come out. So far with the 'standard' cars in GT6, this is not the case - no matter what drivetrain arrangement they have.

The Forza franchise has its problems, not least of which are its arrogant developers but Forza 4 is still the best console racer.

If you could combine Forza 5 graphics with Forza 4 gameplay and the (visual) driving experience (feel) of NFS Shift, you'd have the perfect console racer.

Of course, that's until 'Project Cars' comes out...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Most people's problem with Gran Turismo

I'm no good at it, I prefer the fake arcade physics of Forza, as it's easier.

My only gripe with Gran Turismo has always been the clunky menu system, the game itself has always been the best around, The menus are thankfully addressed in GT6.

4. Kris Akabusi

Micro Transactions

Does GT6 suffer from the same fate as Forza and probably other upcoming games in that to get anywhere you have to spend more money then the £45 that GT6 is retailing at?

Although I understand that a recent update to Forza has made it easier to unlock new cars etc.

1. Tom 260

Re: Micro Transactions

You can purchase in game credits with real money, but the in-game earnings are unaltered from GT5, so you can build up your cash without too much bother once you get into the later races.

5. Evoflash

Still got those fuzzy horrid trees?

Deary me. That's disappointing.

6. Andy

gran turiszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thanks to gt5 i finished my run of sony playstations and moved over completely to xbox, forza 3 was miles better than all the gt efforts on ps3 imo and the issues of no damage and crap ai really are unforgivable

7. Misky

Meh

Again they left out the Marcos Mantis. Even TOCA had that most beautiful of cars in.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like