back to article Apple patents technology to STALK YOU in your own HOME

Apple has been granted a patent for technology which will detect movement around the user's home and automatically change the settings of light switches or other household devices accordingly. The patent raises the prospect that fanbois could wander around the house, fondling their slab aimlessly while their telly turns itself …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Eguro
    Facepalm

So the innovation is that the data is now broadcast to Apple (and therefore the NSA)?

Personally I would much prefer this as an offline thing. Something constantly monitoring my location and broadcasting online - no thanks!

Something I can carry on my person that periodically broadcasts a time-sensitive signal to nearby devices (which then have functionality based on this) - which doesn't use GPS, doesn't have online capabilities - would be sweet! I wouldn't mind if that something was built into my watch or even my phone (in so far as I could trust it not to store data and send it)

Looking at posts above mine - I am inclined to think something like what I want, already exists. Now I just need the money for it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm, turning our oven on remotely would result in a house full of gas - the ignition system is mechanical.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am prior art

I've been a home automation system for the biggest part of my life. When I move from one room to another lights turn on. That little switch next to the room's entry portal ('door') allows my built-in digital controller ('finger') to instantly illuminate my progress. Likewise as I exit a room the same process extinguishes the lights. In a similar manner I can automatically turn my effing music on when I want to listen to it. I don't need to worry about having multiple music devices in different rooms because I listen to my music at such a volume that you can hear it clearly everywhere. Honestly, laziness isn't a virtue.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like