back to article Slip your SIM into a plastic sheath, WIPE international call charges

A sticker slapped onto a SIM card can cut international calls by 98 per cent, and guarantee a 50 per cent saving on business spending, without changing numbers or phones. The sticker comes from BiBiTel, and is really a second SIM which sits between the handset and the operator SIM. Most commands are passed straight through, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. dave 93

Re: What happens when you are outside the UK?

3 have thrown down the gauntlet with 3LikeHome. My EU based contract lets me visit the UK and several other countries and use my bundled minutes, texts and data. You do need to check the carrier ID before you call though.

I pay around €30 a month including a few hundred minutes of international calls, including mobiles.

I think Nicholas Negroponte (remember him?) said that the cost of calls is trending down to zero...

1. Nifty Silver badge

How long

..before sticker tech offers you in effect a dual SIM phone

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If it is this easy to 'hijack' a SIM, wouldn't this be great for spying?

Who here actually checks that their SIM hasn't been tampered with? Be a simple black bag job that would probably work on 90% of people, other than those who live in parts of the world where SIM swapping is done regularly.

3. Tacitus

I'd be surprised if there's any real gains on the basis of the same scheme with analogue phones...they were little more than a scam. The fact is that the industry is laden with parasites

and the dregs of society born with myopic minds fleecing a couple of generations who'll believe anyting so long as it is ugly, unnecessary, overpriced, can't sing or play in tune or supports drug and alcohol abuse.Look at thses Turkeys...in school, at the dinner table, name anywhere...can't stop texting....it's a very citizen-sick era and I suppose because wealth is power and there's not a leader

worth the term in government of ny Nation, to give good example, slow down the waste of money and resources and focus on human decency....

A different example I bought into an $8/month VOIP. Unlimited-time overseas calls 8c...unlimited Nationwide mobile at a few more...unlimited nationwide for less. Four or five years ago it claimed the service provider, OPTUS, wouldn't do what they wanted...the Service provider told me the VOIP phone company penny-XXXX had not paid its bills. Now we had an option of Vodaphone (which I'd left over its exhorbitant charges adnd its agents lies....or Telstra, which I loathed with passion. On great claims I went Vodaphone and it was dearer but manageable. In the last couple of years it has gone though the roof...money forever beig taken from my bankcard...in other words, having been sucked-in and bent over Hutchison Vodaphone is now right up us.Do I go "skype"....how does that make my mobile fees become less and how reliable is it....and howavailable is allmy data to hackers and hi-jackers, even to microsoft which seems to be forever collecting data.

When I hear of Internet millionaires and internet bragging, social media and other assorted crapola I want to puke. I hear what is spoon fed to my well employed, highly intelligent, extemely capable trusting but otherwise unwise children ...yes, one watches 'big brother 'and the other every cooking show possible..... so there's something seriously wrong with them..could be genetic! and grandchildren also.

I have no admiration, for these machinating millionaires...just a dirty taste in my mouth.I look at what entertains my lot and others today and then at the wider world and it's pretty obvious why it's like it is...they are being mushroomed.

Those of us who are not are ridiculed mantra-shallow if not stupid people, are tolerated dismissivly as we and our objections to this totlitarianism by the filthy rich and their 'entertainment henchmen are dying out anyway....

The objective of this farce called 'politics' and 'terrorism' and 'democratic process' is to enable a world of dunce-serfs, entertainable by slicing a beetroot or voting someone off the island to be a new era of suckers and lame-brained forelock-tuggers under the totalitarian new order of bankers.

To aid them is a nest of data sellers known as the owners of the "Social Media" and "breakfast shows" posing as new reports which are of less quality than the looney-tunes we once had before what was by todays standards a first class movie....but today also regarded as Booooorrrriiiinggg" because the violence was not brain spattering graphic , the wounds not punctured artery mist-spraying and there were not close-ups for the duration of two males or females or some other combination, giving each other an oscular stomach pump or a close-up of every variation of humping. They can't see it because they are too dull, too self absorbed, don't research anything other than their pretty well talent-free idols and know nothing of having to stive for a better world....all they need now is the assurance 'all is well" and a remote to change channels. Voila

1. Caesarius
      Pint

@Tacitus

Have my up-vote! A couple of points:

I have heard that in the UK regulations or laws were made to stop "unreasonable" roaming charges. That was quite a few years ago. I presume that similar regs. or laws are not present in every country, and that, even where they are, the telcos find ways of gouging customers, and it all slides downhill for Joe Public. It seems that democracies don't have the will and money to aggressively update regulations, and a benevolent dictator is as likely as a benevolent telco. I wonder if, when Tony Blair said he was “intensely relaxed about people getting filthy rich”, he was aware that they could only get rich at the expense of their fellow countrymen, and that this was a betrayal of the Labour Party.

I reckon that the rich have exploited the poor everywhere forever, with some minor variation on the scale of say 100 years. I must say that advertising has become so prevalent, sophisticated and insidious that it is difficult to withstand it. To your comfort, whereas my children rejected my oft expressed cynicism about advertising when they were teenagers, they now seem better protected than some people.

The same timescale applies to obscene content. Think gladiators, temple prostitutes, etc etc

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like