back to article Nintendo is FLATLY UNHINGED: New 2DS is a handful of game

Nintendo has abolished hinges and autostereoscopic 3D displays to create a new handheld console called the 2DS. Keen to kick smartphones and tablets off the mobile gaming throne, Ninty has revealed a portable games device that doesn’t sport a clamshell casing and looks a bit like a fondleslab. It does feature all the usual DS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

who says "Ninty"?

What a pointless shortening and only used once.

As for the 'new' device, looks rather dated to me. Enjoy if that is your thing, but for me, meh.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: who doesn't say "Ninty"?

Will agree that it looks a little... I'd say odd rather than dated, what with the two oddly sized screens, they should've gone with one big screen with a virtual border. Heck they could have basically made it a wiiU controller that played 3DS games. Give it functionality to hook into the Wii U console and it would likely sell pretty well.

2. Tom 38

Re: who says "Ninty"?

Never heard 'Ninty' before, surely the abbreviation is 'tendo? Certainly we used to refer to 'tendo 64.

2. The FunkeyGibbon

Fugly

It also won't fit in a pocket. The mis-matched screens are more prominent now and the whole thing looks like somebody at Fisher-Price threw away an idea and 'Ninty' (hateful word) dusted it off.

I hope this crashes and burns and Nintendo actually start to try again....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"bizarrely perhaps, two separate displays: one 3.5 inches, the other 3.0 inches"

"the 2DS runs 3DS and DS titles"

So not bizarrely at all then... they kept two screens so it could play the other games.

4. Daniel B.
    FAIL

Ugly and huge

This thing is too big to be portable. I can pocket a DS, I can probably pocket a Vita but this thing? No way!

And I'm not about to carry one of this things in the subway; it's either going to be crushed or stolen. No thanks.

1. Rukario
      FAIL

Re: Ugly and huge

Just like the 6th gen Pokémon (that also come out on the same day).

5. ecofeco Silver badge

$130?

$30? Sure.

$130? Pass.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like