back to article EXPLICIT VID: Man filmed trying to bang brand new 'budget iPhone'

Footage has emerged which appears to show that Apple's mysterious cheap new iPhone has a scratch-resistant surface which can take a serious battering and still stay pretty. A video posted on the Taiwanese site Apple Daily shows what it claims is a brand new model of iPhone being tested against several real-world scratch risks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Exclusive deal, eigh?

I have a very nice SanDisk Cruzer Titanium U3 stick that is, I am pretty sure, clad in a similar substance. Jolly nice it is, too but I wish I'd gone for the 16G one.

Can't get 'em any more, it seems. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-8GB-Ultra-Cruzer-Titanium/dp/B0015UQ5LC

I guess my stick predates the Apple deal.

2. Lallabalalla
    Gimp

Plastic iPhone?

Yes please. Cheaper, more durable. What's not to like? It lives in a case anyway unless the kids are playing lightsaber with it so I couldn't give a stuff about how it looks, really. Never did.

3. OrsonX
    Unhappy

Scratch test.

Grit on a tiled floor.

Put my phone down to do up my shoes, struggled to cleanly pick phone up, the noise as my phone moved across the tiles made me shudder.

Oh yes, the tiled floor (same one) is also good for the drop test, tried it twice to be sure (darn it).

4. Stuart Halliday

Liquidmetal coated devices scratch surprisingly easily...

5. Matt_payne666

a simple polycarbonate case like the nokia luminas are quite good at supressing scratches in a test similar to that... and the material is cheap enough to use in a entry level phone...

give it enough abuse and it will scratch... within reason, nothing is scratch proof - at a low price!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like