back to article Facebook bows to pressure, vows to rid itself of sexist hate speech

A coalition of women's groups has succeeded in persuading Facebook to review how it moderates its users so that hate speech and posts promoting violence against women can be kept off the site. The #FBrape campaign - which took off across Facebook, Twitter and other social networks since its introduction last week - urged …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. wowfood

Re: Zukenburgs response

By something stupid to the above, I mean a friend of mine who punched herself in the face while she was asleep.

1. jsmall

This is some kind of censorship. Looks more political than social. It is tantamount to forcing someone to believe in something against his/her will. It doesn't matter what kind of joke something is. A joke is a joke and people need to see the humour in it than anything else. There are numerous anti-male jokes and posters around Facebook. I don't see any Women's group voicing against that. So it is pretty clear that they aren't pro-equality. They are just trying to propagate a singular worldview which is harmful to both genders.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why is this only concerned about women? What about race, men, religion, etc. Why is this policy being applied unilaterally to just one gender? There is so much offensive stuff on Facebook but they choose to single this one thing out. Thats actually more offensive than the content.

3. General Grievous
    Facepalm

Why is this only concerned about women? What about race, men, religion, etc. Why is this policy being applied unilaterally to just one gender? There is so much offensive stuff on Facebook, but they choose to single this one thing out. That's actually more offensive than the offensive content.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like