back to article Nokia opens Maps to rivals, flogs uber-budget €15 phone

A Linux phone running Mozilla OS can be found on Nokia’s stand at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week – but it’s not a "Plan B". It’s more a statement of intent from the Finnish handset company about its Maps platform, which Nokia is opening up and licensing more aggressively to non-Nokia mobile devices. CEO Stephen …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Vic

> there is no Android market either. Nobody wants Android. Nobody buys Android.

I can introduce you to quite a few people who do (including myself).

Vic.

1. dogged

I doubt if you can introduce me to a statistically significant sample, given the alleged number of activations per day.

People who buy (non-iOS) smartphones based on OS are definitely an edge case.

1. Vic

> I doubt if you can introduce me to a statistically significant sample,

Of course I can.

I cannot introduce you to anything like a majority of users, but it's not too hard to provide a satistically significant refutation to the statement that "Nobody wants Android. Nobody buys Android."

Vic.

2. Spoddyhalfwit

I think you are wrong... I know many people who have specifically purchased an android or win phone. Personally Ive always resisted having a smart phone, making do with an old Motorola flip... And an iPad I won at a business function. But WP8 has inspired me to take the plunge for a smart phone. I think the OS does matter even to average users... People are much more tech savvy and choosy than we might imagine.

2. Vic

£13 for a phone with a monthly charge?

I'm getting one. I spent almost as much on a single bottle of beer a few months back.

Dosen't really matter what it's like - as long as it makes moderately acceptable calls.

It'll live in the glove box and get charged every few weeks as necessary...

Vic.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like