back to article Pirate Bay reports pirating anti-piracy group to police

The Pirate Bay has lodged an official police complaint against the anti-piracy group that copied its famous pirate ship logo. Last week the Pirate crew warned that they were considering action against the Finnish Copyright Information and Anti-Piracy Centre (CIAPC) after that organization copied the CSS style sheet to get the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Chris007

@Eenymeeny

My thoughts exactly

1. Silverburn
    Pirate

Pirate Bay reports pirating anti-piracy group to police

So...many...pirates!

2. John G Imrie

$5000 per download

I think the girl in question is going to need a bigger bed room, to store Deep Blue when it turns up as her replacement laptop.

3. Buster
    Pirate

Parody anyone

I do not know if Finnish law has a parody exception to copyright and if it does then PB are screwed. If it does not then PB just look like a bunch of humorless copyright trolls.

There is a universal truth that no one cares about copyright until theirs is infringed or at least they think it is.

4. Sputnik

Shocking!

Pot calls kettle black...

5. thermionic
    FAIL

so many people are missing the point, its not the image which is the problem, its the CSS...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yesterday....

My better half brought home Skyfall on a BluRay - this apparently entitles me to a "digital" copy (not sure what they think is on the BluRay or DVD they supplied, but that's beside the point).

However I don't have a PC/MAC* to download their (possibly dodgy, if history with Sony is anything to go by) software onto, nor to load the DVD or type in the silly long code on the leaflet in the box (almost as if they *want* me to lose it).

So I fire up TPB, and in under an hour have a non DRM 1080p copy of Skyfall on my NAS.

If they'd put a 2D barcode on the inside of the printed cover then I could/would have scanned it and downloaded the file easily - but instead I took the easy option and used TPB to find a magnet link which I then used to "infringe" copyright in order to use the rights I had licensed (i.e. paid for). I would also be MUCH less likely to lose that than some random bit of paper in a box without a sensible place to hold it, so it falls out when I open the box to watch the film**...

AC (Obviously)

* We are a "post PC" household - tablets, smartphones and a NAS - no PCs any more

** Yes, I know I won't have to open the box any more, I can stream it from the NAS

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like