Feeds

back to article Ready or not: Microsoft preps early delivery of IE10 for Windows 7

Get ready for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 – it’s coming sooner than you might expect and faster than Microsoft had planned. Microsoft’s IE team has accelerated its ship date for IE10 on Windows 7 and is now targeting “end of February/beginning of March”, sources tell The Reg. According to the insiders, the IE unit had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Bronze badge
Joke

What, an article that practically begs to be flamed - and Eadon isnt about to tell us why he is right?

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Silver badge
FAIL

The trouble is…

A lot of the companies that are still on XP and are planning to move to Windows 7 (and there are quite a few) this year already have their software distributions sorted and that includes IE 8 / 9 plus either Firefox or Chrome on Windows 7 with no plans on changing that before rollout is complete.

Not releasing IE 10 for Windows 7 at the same as it was released for Windows 8 was a total fuckup. I can imagine some companies might bring forward migrations, assuming IE 10 can still be used on their fucked app "web apps" that require IE 6, but for the rest even Stevie B on his knees in a gimp suit isn't going to move them.

Thumb Up

IE10 in corporate

Spellcheck in forms is nice. (Typed on IE10PPR/Win7SP1)

Re: IE10 in corporate

> spel czeck

Every other browser has this...

JDX
Gold badge

Re: IE10 in corporate

Was that a comment that they have _finally_ added SC or a dig that they haven't?

I have an addon for IE9 which works great but yes I do not understand why it's not built in. You'd think AT LEAST installing Office would give you SC!

Facepalm

Get ready for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 - yawn

Seven mentions of Microsoft and four mentions of Windows on the main page. I realize you have to earn a crust but this is getting embarrising. These kind of advertorials reek of someone desperatly trying to sound relevent ...

Meh

IE10 scores much higher than IE9 on html5test.com

Maybe feature-wise, the end-user doesn't see much difference between IE9 and IE10, but at least Microsoft have finally broken the 300-point barrier (out of 500!) at html5test.com for the first time with IE10.

IE9 scores a wretched 138 out of 500 which is why many web developers still hate IE - at least IE10 manages a mildly respectable 320. It should be remembered, however, that most recent browsers have already exceeded or are about to exceed *400* points, so even IE10 has a lot of work to do to catch up.

We might see Windows 9 and IE11 catch up to where other browsers are now, but that's probably almost 3 years away! Essentially, IE remains the least HTML 5 compliant browser of all the major browsers and it's probably going to be that way for a very long time. It's still going to be cursed at by the vast majority of Web developers!

JDX
Gold badge

Re: IE10 scores much higher than IE9 on html5test.com

Several of the sections on html5test are not part of HTML5, they are 'related' technologies or unratified standards. We're back in the land of "standards are what the majority support" since the official HTML5 stuff is such a small subset of "HTML5".

Joke

the real question is

once I upgrade, will I be able to download Chrome faster?

Windows

installing vs uninstalling

Frankly...if they'd make the IE uninstall process a lot better (ie by actually removing it), I'd be a lot happier.

Silver badge

Care or not: Microsoft preps early delivery of IE10 for W7

Fixed that for ya.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.