Feeds

back to article 'Bah, this Apple Shop is full of APPLES'

A cider shop in Norfolk has had to change its name after receiving up to 24 phone calls a week from fanbois with computer problems. Since an Apple Store opened in Norwich, locals have been calling mistakenly phoning the Apple Shop in Wroxham Barns, with their iPhone and Apple-related woes. Apple Shop owner Geoff Fisher told the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

JDX
Gold badge

Re: What would you expect

What about if I run 'Apple computer repair', a local PC shop?

Re: What would you expect

Says as much about 118xxx operators (and perhaps various directories), as Apple customers, don't you think?

Silver badge

Its a sad day

when stupidity means you cant even name your shop after the product it sells.

Mind you there's a couple of places round here actually called Shop and you cant buy shops in their shops either.

And then that shop that tells you to throw out the chinz seems to only sell paper models of furniture..

Coat

Re: Its a sad day

I went into a joke shop to buy jokes & the guy behind the counter said they didn't sell anything..it's a Joke Shop.

(Thanks Tim Vine/Stu Francis)

Gone.

Re: Its a sad day

"when stupidity means you cant even name your shop after the product it sells."

Next time I'm hankering for a golden delicious I'll head to an "Apple Store" then. Are they next to the iPhones or the iPads?

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

"Some people are very rude and they slam the phone down."

Sounds like fanbois to me.

(fanbois of any allegiance)

Joke

Due to a recent court decision...

the prior deemed copyright on the word "Apple", long held by the entity known as "God", has been vacated, due to failure to appear in court. Hereafter, all supermarkets and other vendors will refer to the fruit formerly known as "apples" by the new court approved name "elppa".

You can find elppas, elppasauce, and elppa cider at your local fruit dealers and other vendors.

Bronze badge

Friday

Just what you need on a Friday . An article involving booze.

What a complete Di*k. What did he expect !

FAIL

Someone is anyway...

Yes, how dare he call a shop that sells things made from apples as 'The Apple Shop' and to do it before Apple Inc opened the first 'Apple Store.' The cheek of the man!

What a complete dick.

Silver badge
Facepalm

@Saoir

Thank you for proving the exact point the article (and several commentards) were making about the behaviour of Apple fanbois. You're a textbook case.

Anonymous Coward

We once had a case study from Toshiba on our web site. We were a software house. The page headings went something like: "XYZ Software" (big text), "Case Studies" (big text), "Toshiba" (small text). This didn't stop some idiot from bitching that we didn't fix Toshiba laptops and therefore were "committing false advertising". Whatever that means.

TL;DR: People. Thick as shit.

Anonymous Coward

The fact that even New York got served..

I mean, here's a statement that hits the 1920's. Steve wasn't even in dad's bag. New York should be suing Apple.

Typical arrogant American company. "We want to sell to you. Bend over and grasp your ankles so we can serve you."

Apple has no place in the company I work for. We've made it an offence to bring iGadgets into the company (in the US and other at-will countries, a fireable offence), and any supplier that uses Apple products are left standing at the security desk until they give up and stop calling. Apple is not supported by our company because of cr-p just like this.

You should encourage your company to stop taking this type of behaviour. Because we're all in the firing line.

Silver badge
Go

Re: The fact that even New York got served..

You're not alone, friend. You should do what I do with my company.

When I'm running up a quote for a customer, if during the interview I see them pull out an iPhone or iPad, I add a small percentage to the quote (it varies depending on how devoted to the Church of St. Jobs the customer appears to be) as an "Apple tax". After all, I figure that if they've got money to splurge on Apple crap, they've got money to splurge on our services!

I've made my company quite a few grand extra by doing this. My partners know I do it too, but since they hate Apple almost as much as I do, there is no objection, as long as I disguise the increase amongst other itemisations on the quote sheet!

Anonymous Coward

"Some people are very rude and they slam the phone down."....embarrassed that they not only purchased Apple, but could not even find the correct telephone number for their local Apple store. They should have asked SIRI.

THICK.

Devil

Maybe...

...the fanbois are holding the phone directory the wrong way.

Silver badge

Apples are just badge engineered lemons.

So there.

Anonymous Coward

On the wrong numbers theme..

I had some head of marketing or something sending me invites to corporate events for a while. The first time she sent me an email I ignored it thinking it was phishing, it the second time I sent her an email saying "I have no idea who you are. I would really like to come to your events but I don't think you really want me there"... 6 or so invites later and almost as many "I don't know who you are!" emails in her direction I wrote a reply to one of the invites along the lines of "I have no idea who you are, but I'll be sure to be there, you better bring the cake and lube like you promised" and CC'ed the list of 100 or so bigwigs that the email had been addressed to.

For some reason I'm not getting any invites now. :(

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.