back to article 200 million office workers gagging for a... Microsoft Surface?

Microsoft Surface tablets are top of office workers' wish lists, research from Forrester has found, in a surprising discovery from its yearly survey of global information workers. That means 200 million people want their employers to get them a Surface this year, states Forrester in the report 2013 Mobile Workforce Adoption …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ahh, spin...

Funny how when a survey says that MS' tablet strategy is going down the toilet, everyone jumps on it like it's gospel truth, with no criticism, not a second thought as to the validity of the report. As soon as something suggests that MS may be doing well or there is desire for their products, there is ultimate criticism and lots of "well anyone can see this is bollocks" type of comments.

This is supposed to be an IT forum, IT guys are supposed to exhibit critical thinking, not just seeing something they want to be true or don't want to be true and agreeing or objecting based on their worldview.

1. Anonymous Coward
      IT Angle

Re: Ahh, spin...

This is supposed to be an IT forum, IT guys are supposed to exhibit critical thinking.

Here is a little critical thinking for you AC. IT is after all about numbers.

32% of 9766 is ~= 3125 == 3.1*10e3

200,000,000 is 2*10e8

Thats 5 orders of magnetude!!!

Also it is almost twice the total number of tablets shipped in all of 2012! Canalsys says, "full-year shipments totaling 114.6 million units.”

Ahh, the problem of Large Numbers.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Because in the real world, we don't know anyone that owns a Surface, or even really knows what one is.

Ditto for Windows Phone

Ditto for Windows 8

So any survey that is so far of of whack with reality MUST be taken with a pinch of salt. Infact the further displaced from reality, the more desperate the party that funded the survey....

3. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

IT guys are supposed to exhibit critical thinking

Supposed by whom? I'd say the preponderance of evidence weighs against that supposition.

2. Roland6 Silver badge

Office Workers reject BYOD

What is also interesting is that I suspect, like others, that in responding to the survey office workers expect MS Tablets to be provided by their employer.

I suspect that many that currently don't use a tablet (79%) would continue to not use a tablet if it were a BYOD...

3. Nuke
    Stop

"interested in getting" != "want"

"Nearly a third (32 per cent) of the 10,000 office workers interviewed by Forrester said they were interested in getting a Windows Surface tablet for work."

Nice to know how the question was phrased. If I were told that I was to be receiving an iPod, new desk, new photocopier, or most other new pieces of office equipment I would be interested.

If I were told that I was to be executed tomorrow I would also be very interested.

4. Potts

200 million office workers gagging for a... Microsoft Surface

As if!

5. NotMyRealName
    Thumb Down

What gives with this weirdo comment placement? Just who was complaining about the old version? Or perhaps it's the result of a Forrester survey....

6. mhoneywell

I'm pretty sure The Register used to do this years ago, top 5 comments as a headline. Then they moved them all off the page.

Nice to have them back in my view. A blast from the past, and a welcome one.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like