back to article Customer service rep fired for writing game that mocks callers

David Gallant, a worker at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and gaming hobbyist, has been fired for lampooning dealings with customers during his day job in a game called I Get This Call Every Day. "Because I've become nothing more than a numb meat popsicle I've decided to make a game about my day job," he said on his website …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. moonface

I would send a message of support " I feel your pain, buddy"

but I fear the ....................I am not your buddy, Sir............response.

(TBH it's a passive aggressive pet hate of mine that really gets me goat. ..Old joke alert!! Don't call me Pal, what do think I am? a tin of dogfood!......Sorry, Chum. )

1. Roger Kynaston
      Pint

Re:

That joke has a very long pedigree.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Don't call me Pal, what do think I am? a tin of dogfood!"

Don't call me Pal, what do you think I am? The European television broadcast standard widely in use through the era of analog broadcasting!

In a related note, I was recently talking with someone named 'Shirley', who made a joke - and I singularly failed to respond, "Shirley, you jest!" when given an absolutely golden opportunity. I was kicking myself, let me tell you.

2. Kubla Cant
    Mushroom

How to win

According to the article, you lose the game if you're grumpy and unhelpful. So presumably you win if you're helpful, well-informed and charming.

But unfortunately "The Minister considers this type of conduct offensive and completely unacceptable".

1. Colin Millar
      Coat

Re: How to win

Well - if the call-centre staff are helpful, well informed and charming then they are not doing their job properly.

Unhelpful, cnutish script-readers is in the JD and it must be stuck to rigorously if those pesky customers are ever going to get the message - "Just give us the money and shut up"

3. david 12 Silver badge

training video

They fired him for designing a game where "If the player is terse or crabby, or handles the call incorrectly, then they lose."

Fail. Not because they have no sense of humour, but because they've just told all their staff that clients doen't matter, they will only be fired for not sucking up to management.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like