Feeds

back to article Dad hires online assassins to slay game-obsessed son

A Chinese Dad has come up with a unique way of persuading his game-addicted son to turn engage with the real world: hiring gaming pros to destroy his morale by hunting him down online. The frustrated father had apparently seen his 23-year-old offspring become obsessed with online games to the point that he had no interest in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Bronze badge

Re: Legal issue?

IANAL, but I work for one and I have the 60 odd volumes of Halisbury's laws of England, and the encylopedia of forms and precedents in two bookcases behind me in my office.

Firstly, your not actually "destroying" assets as you can respawn. If you were, then taking the argument to it's logical conclusion anybody participating in a game would be causing criminal damage.

As so far as I know there is no law anywhere in the laws of England that would specifically prohibit somebody from hiring somebody to spawn kill somebody persistantly, although a search suggests that the "Protection from Harassment Act 1997" could be potentially applicable due to it's extremely vague wording on what harrassement constitutes, should one wish to bring a private conviction.

I will note that the chances of getting the court case accepted into an English court are negligable, since spurious prosecutions tend to attract the wrath of judges for bringing the law into disrepute. Even if the case did go ahead, you'd have to persuade a jury that daddy was harrassing you while you were maintaining good enough relations with him to be able to live in his house.

Good luck with that!

“therapeutic” beatings.

was this a new thing developed for online addiction?

Of can it be applied to all forms of rehab?

I'M GONNA BEAT THE DRUGS OUTTA YA FOTHERMONKA!!!!

Anonymous Coward

Re: “therapeutic” beatings.

Interestingly, if you go by popular catchphrases, there are far fewer things that can be beaten into people than can be beaten out of them.

IN:

- Sense

- Respect

- Manners

OUT:

- Shit

- Tar

- Hell

- Truth

- Daylights

- Crap

- Piss

- PGP Key

...I think it's time for a more comprehensive study.

Boffin

Re: “therapeutic” beatings.

Based upon your list, it appears that the odds of a positive outcome are quite good.

Selecting any one item at random (with its addition / deletion attached, natch), we see that at least eight of the outcomes are good (sense, respect, and manners in, shit, tar, hell, crap, and piss out) with the remaining three a potentially mixed bag (one ought to retain truth, I don't know about daylights,really, and the PGP key depends upon the circumstances, I suppose.), making it a 72.7% probability of a desirable outcome.

Those are pretty good odds, and may help to explain the corporate policy - the beatings will continue until morale improves. Of course, more research is needed in this matter.

...“therapeutic” beatings?

Why does this remind me of Rowan Atkinson and his "Fatal Beating" skit?

Silver badge
Devil

I wonder theirs a future for the Mafia in this....

"Yeah, wez can help yuh with your computer nut son, Mr. Sangenti. However, Don Franco will require that yuh do him a service at some timez in the future, a service with no questions asked...."

Silver badge
Headmaster

Re: I wonder theirs a future for the Mafia in this....

Stupid error use of "theirs" by yours truly! That's what I get for throwing together a reply so quickly....

Joke

Did you here about the Chinese-German war game?

20 minutes after playing you're still hungry for power.

Anonymous Coward

They're in China,

They can't just blame the government, like you can over here...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.