Feeds

back to article iPhone 'Do Not Disturb' bug to self-destruct on Monday

Users of Apple's iPhone will have to wait until Monday for its latest bug to fix itself. On January 1, iOS 6's Do Not Disturb feature, which allows users to choose time periods during which they don't want to receive calls and to limit calls that do come through to members of selected groups, decided that it no longer wanted to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge

@bazza

I would second your suggestion!

Adapt NTP to offer TIA along with some ways(s) of getting leap second and UT1-UTC information (either in NTP packet if small enough, or several redundant web sites with it in a standard machine-readable ASCII format, etc), then practically everything you ever need to do time-wise is sorted! No leap second problems, time differences easily computed in either civil (UTC) or real (TIA) cases, etc.

Bronze badge
Trollface

Android Troll

Just had fun pointing this out and getting lots of "Oh yeah's"

Although I bet Android/MS will have something similar happen, billions of line of code will lead to unexpected bugs

Anonymous Coward

Scheduled Do Not Disturb

A POORsubstitution for not being able to turn the bloody phone off overnight AND have the alarm turn it back on to wake you up in the morning?!

Unwarented dig at the mapps app

Which (in my experience) was never all that bad in the first place, and even from day one, had alternatives.

A better comparison in this case would have been maybe that time Google misplaced December....

LPF
Thumb Up

You know your good...

when the best they can throw at you is a sheduling bug that happens once a year lol

Remind me peeps , how come, even though apple has the most people with money to spend, its Android that is malware city??

"IT JUST WORKS" get used to it ;)

Silver badge
Meh

Shakes Head

I've done time programming in the bad old 6502 assembler days. There are plenty of gotchas, but no excuse for not testing boundaries. All you have to do is set the thing just before such events and watch what happens. Even before the interwebbies there were acres of documents covering all sorts of calendars and variants. Year ends, leap years, alternate calendars... they are just tedious, not difficult.

Oh, and it makes no difference whether you are using library routines or rolling your own. Always test!

Anonymous Coward

Nice one Apple

£600 phone that doesn't ring when get a call .. £600 quid well spent, I could get a crappy Nokia from those cheap "unblock your phone" and get a sim for quid here type of cheapo shops, and at least it would f**king ring!!

I've turned off my voicemail and turned the phone off, might as well get another week of rest :-P

I know what I won't be buying when I next upgrade, someone please make a youtube joke video about "can I upgrade my phone?" (you might need to be in the UK to get that - P 4 U, if you need a hint) and they offer you a Nokia 1 Brick as an upgrade (which probably can't handle SMS messages and has crappy TeleText graphics, LOL)

Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave, if only he could get the text message about the bug!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.