back to article First pic of Ashton Kutcher as the great Steve 'jOBS'

The first official pic of Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs in the Apply-titled jOBS has been unveiled by Sundance. First official pic of Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs The Aaron Sorkin-scripted biopic will be premiering at the Sundance Festival next year, when legions of fanbois will be prepared to vilify any and all attempts to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Bronze badge
Coat

Annual remake?

With this being Apple related can we expect a slightly tweaked release every year?

Re: Annual remake?

Of Course - but only if you're prepared to pay for it.

Oh you cynic.

This film will be a revolution. It will be released in iMMersion - the patented novel all-sensory media format whereby iPhotons are propelled at extraordinary velocity until they dramatically collide with a screen coated in purest iSilver resulting in a pan-spectral iPicture that quite literally reflects into your puny mortal eyeballs.

Thumb Up

"This film will be a revolution. It will be released in iMMersion - the patented novel all-sensory media format whereby iPhotons are propelled at extraordinary velocity until they dramatically collide with a screen coated in purest iSilver resulting in a pan-spectral iPicture that quite literally reflects into your puny mortal eyeballs."

iBalls, surely?

Sure that shouldn't be iMax?

Bod

I'd far rather see...

... a dramatic Hollywood style punch up version of the Samsung v Apple war.

With real nukes, as Steve said he was going thermonuclear over it.

Facepalm

Announced 1st April

So much for it being an April fool then :(

Anonymous Coward

Wasn't Adam Sandler available?

Isn't he normally the go-to man for such predictable dross?

This post has been deleted by a moderator

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Facepalm

Re: Linux movie

No potential at all. A film about someone who wrote an OS that the vast majority of people have never heard of and care about less? Not going to happen.

Jobs built up a company, got booted out, company was heading down the crapper, he came back and turned said company around. This would have been the end of it. However, his well documented outbursts, rants, crying when he didn't get his own way, personal life, personal hygiene etc brought him to the public's attention. Add in product launches he did himself plus his terminal illness all add to the the public's perception (good or bad).

I don't like the sound of the version set in 3 "parts" though.

Silver badge

Really? You think the 'public' (meaning non-geeks) actually knows that much about Jobs? I think it's more like 'That guy who invented the iPhone'

Happy

Fair point but 'that guy who invented the iPhone' would be immediately more identifiable than 'that guy who invented/wrote' Linux.

Silver badge
Happy

OK, you win

Micro Men

I think I'll re-watch BBC's Micro Men, probably one of the best retro computer dramatisations ever.

He's too handsome to play Jobs...IMO

Stop

Oh, No

BBQ Turkey Meatballs in Apple 013 contender.

First pic?

What about the pics that came out 6 months ago, with the same tagline " where's the turtle neck"

To which I will offer the same reply - he didn't were turtle necks back in the 70/80's

Come on Vulture Central - slow news day is it??

Trollface

Synopsis for SJ movie, working title: "The Passion 2: Forbidden Fruit"

Steve Jobs is in the garden of Apple, praying... Schmidt appears and tries to tempt him to endorse Android. Steve resists, his eyes bleed. "Father, why do they steal my IP?"

Wozniak betrays him by appearing in the press extolling the virtues of Android and pleading with Apple to innovate and compete in the market. Steve enters the market, turns over the tables "I am going to destroy Android because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go full crucifixion on this."

Android captures Steve's marketshare, he is beaten and bruised in the overnight court of public opinion. So he appeals to Pontius Patent. Meanwhile a fanboi offers to carry his crucifix for him, but Steve rebukes him "You're holding it wrong."

Finally they nail Steve to the cross, and put a sign above his head "The Creator of the Smartphone". He ascends to fanbois wet dreams. Mary Magdemedia-Correspondent weeps for the messiah.

Unhappy

What makes this photo really scary...

Is that by placing an old computer and an 8 bit rainbow-colored photo on the cube wall - people feel like being transported back into the 80s!?

Amazing how cubes still look like that today.

I hate cube world.

Silver badge

Re: What makes this photo really scary...

They still look like that because in most offices, they're the same damn cubes that were there in the '80's. If the user is really lucky, they've managed to get a new chair since then.

FAIL

Too easy.

No point on commenting on the actor playing the most holy Saint of modern computing. It's a comparison that writes itself.

But I would like to see some kind of biopic that actually doesn't just glamourize either Bill Gates or Jobs. How about Woz for a change? Dennis Ritchie? Jay Miner? Jack "Scorched Earth" Tramiel? Nolan freaking Bushnell? Naah..let's just continue genuflecting to Steve Jobs and continue his ascendancy to Christ-like proportions. I guess I should look forward to the scene where Ashton Jobs personally solders together the first iphone prototoype in his underground garage.

Is it in 16:9 or 4:3?

Better still 2.35:1. That would make Jobs spin in his grave ;)

Angel

Shouldn't it be called iOBS?

Because in the Latin alphabet, Jehovah starts with an 'i'.

Film biopic of who, exactly?

I really don't know why this film is being made. The guy was just a "difficult" CEO of a company that has made millions by conning folk that their kit is better than anybody else's. So much spin and high-grade cattle excrement, it's unbelievable. Still, if the fanbois really want their wallets made considerably lighter by buying Apple when there is a whole lot of stuff around that will do just as good a job, if not better, than I suppose that's up to them. As far as I'm concerned, Jobs was no icon, to be worshipped like some religious deity. He just wanted tight control over the products in order to milk even more for servicing and the like. In my opinion, the world would be a lot better without the arrogance of Apple.

Bod

What about the Bill Gates story though?

Who's going to reproduce the sexy poses of Bill draped over a desk?

I'm having nightmares just thinking about the original photos!

Still, who came up with the desk pose first, Bill or Steve?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums