I hate to say it, but most of what you think about space-age technology is a total fabrication. It’s the stuff of sci-fi. Perhaps the biggest misconception of all is that spacecraft are equipped with cutting-edge computing platforms that any self-respecting technophile would commit unspeakable acts to get their mitts on. …
The best example of using old tech (imho) was the Soviets in the Mig 25. When one defected in the 70's, the Americans where laughing their heads off with the use of valves instead of transistors. Until, that is, the British pointed out that the valve is pretty much impervious to EMP and in the event of a nuclear detonation, the Soviet aircraft would still be flying (and free to attack the USA)! Imagine the stampede, as US scientists rushed to harden the electronics of military jets!
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE