back to article Fukushima operator feared shutdown if risks revealed

The operator of the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant, TEPCO, has admitted it was ill-prepared to cope with the tsunami of March 2011, and promised to do better in future. That promise is articulated in a new document, Fundamental Policy for the Reform of TEPCO Nuclear Power Organization (PDF), released last Friday. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. elderlybloke
    Flame

I will try to be Rational

The Mag 9 quake and massive plate movement in 2011 was well beyond the magniutude any ,repeat any Seismologist considered at all probable in Japan.

It is obvious from many of the comments that knowledge of Seismology is almost non existant.

The Japanese have extensive experience of earthquakes andTsunamis and had built many barriers to protect their coastal areas .

They were to protect to the extent that the risks evaluated , and from what I know were considered elsewhere to be very prepared for such an event

It is foolish and ignorant to propose that a country should prepare for adisasters that are extremely unlikely to occur.

It would go broke and the people would starve.

However, I expect you will continue to rant about something you are totally ignorant.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cold Equations.

The trouble at Fukushima was mostly due to the nuclear power protestors. Those fuel rods that became a problem were there because the frady cats decided that moving them elsewhere was too risky. Someone might make a bomb out radioactive junk. So, weigh the claims by the frady cats against the mathematic we are coping with and you begin to re-think who's right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY&feature=share&list=SP6A1FD147A45EF50D

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.