back to article Democrat candidate attacked by GOP for being stabby assassin ORC

US Republicans are completely out of touch with, er, virtual reality - it would seem - after a Maine state senate candidate was outed by Republicans for being a sweary orc badass in the online game World of Warcraft. Apparently, Colleen Lachowicz' participation and persona in WOW makes her unfit to run for office - in GOP eyes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
          Boffin

Re: Re: Kevin Rogovin

".....either she played it a lot...." A while back I had an applicant that was dumb enough to put on his CV that he played Eve a lot. The HR drones immediately translated that into the idea that the guy never left his Mom's basement, had no social skills, etc., and would make a bad choice because he played a game for a few hours every weekend. My counter was to ask the head of HR if his playing golf for several hours at a time somehow made him less of a good choice than someone that didn't?

1. Confuciousmobil
    Pint

Voter fraud?

The Republicans are pressing for all voters to have ID. They are worried about all those WoW characters voting without ID....

2. ShadowDragon8685

Wow.

Wow... I want to support her and all, you know, go video gamers and all...

But I just can't bring myself to root for someone who plays Horde.

I mean, a more-heavily-armored-than-a-main-battle-tank Draenei Ret Paladin player is a candidate I could vote for, but Horde Rogues are the scum of WoW.

3. Esskay
    FAIL

Lets see...

they're making fun of someone for playing what is the most popular MMORPG of all time, if not one of the most popular games of all time? And this is supposed to *win* them votes? I've never even played WoW (not really my cup of tea, and the subscription aspect irks me) but even I can "understand" that for some people it's a hobby...

Not exactly sure who the republican candidates' target demographic is, but I'm pretty sure it's someone who spends their spare time fucking their cousins.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.