back to article Hackers leak 120,000 student records in raid on world's top unis

Hackers have attacked the world's top 100 universities in a protest against tuition fees and what's deemed to be a falling quality of education. Anonymous-affiliated Team GhostShell dumped information from 120,000 user accounts and student records after raiding servers at institutions including Princeton, Harvard, Cambridge …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. The Alpha Klutz
    Thumb Up

money money money money

money!

Get some lecturer who can barely speak english, get him to read out some books, bingo, you just made 9 grand * 300 students. I should set up a university. So easy to make money and kids are dumb so they wont question that what they're learning is useless.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: money money money money

"Get some lecturer who can barely speak english....." It's a bit harder than just that in the UK. For a start, you have to get acredited otherwise you cannot receive studant grants. Even if you operate as a private "university" you still have to adhere to certain government standards. Not that has stopped "proper" unis selling degrees for funding in the past (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/aug/01/universityfunding.highereducation).

But who needs student grants and having to pay for lecturers? You could always start an IT training company, then you can get all types of UK and European small business and unemployed training grants AND charge for effectively reading students "The Dummys' Guide To Windows". I've seen 5-day Windows 7 courses going for £695+VAT per student, free to the unemployed (i.e., paid for by the dole office), which works out at over £40K per annum per seat if you can keep the classes full.

/Yeaaargh, it's a scholastic pirate's life for me!

2. Boris S.

Off to prison

These hackers must have flunked reality 101. Now they will be off to jail 101 where they will get a good dose of reality.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Off to prison

we'll just have to hope they've already taken soap 101 and shower 101

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Off to prison

It's unlikely that they are that smart... They are hackers after all.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You can look at it as getting into £50 grand debt to fund an education addiction

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.