back to article TalkTalk somehow retains most-complained-about-ISP title AGAIN

TalkTalk has once again been crowned the worst broadband and telephone provider by its cheesed-off customers, communications regulator Ofcom confirmed this morning. The budget ISP was plonked at the top of the gripes pile in the watchdog's latest quarterly report, which covers the period between April and June 2012. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. mickey mouse the fith

Re: Destroyer of broadband connections

@Neil Greatorex, Nope, i got it via email about 45 mins after i put the phone down.

1. jason 7
      FAIL

Re: Destroyer of broadband connections

My dad had a similar experience. He was with some ISP that got merged into talkTalk over the years. Tiscali was it?

Well he started off with a 6MB connection and as TalkTalk took over and more companies got merged in the services got worse and worse. By last Xmas he was down to a intermittent 1Mb connection. It was truly useless.

We got in a new router etc. to no avail. We contacted TalkTalk and they just shrugged their shoulders. Nothing they could do.

So I told him to switch to BT. He was switched over a couple of weeks later, we plugged in the router and we had a rock solid 6.5Mb connection. It's been perfect ever since.

1. Ali 2

Honestly, this is a company I wouldn't use if they offered me their service for free. They we're an absolute nightmare to deal with and left me hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But where is virgin Media in theBad boys list?

IMHO thay are just as bad.

At one time everyone in my streen was on VM. The 'pleasure' of trying to surf the interwebs between 15:00 and 23:30 (Approx) had to be seen to be believed. My 2.5G dongle got better throuput so I voted with my feet and went to an LLU supplier. I now have FTTC and 60Mbit/8Mbits all to myself. Everyone else is still on VM and please may it stay that way.

VM still bombard me with 'special offers' but I can't get them to stop sending me their shite advertising.

anon just because I don't want yet more VM adverts.

3. Dave Bell

In my experience, problems are mostly down to the length of wire between you and the exchange, and there is no way that changing ISP will change that, or which engineer gets the job of fixing things.

The story I hear about Talk Talk is that they "don't have a plan for IPv6". What I've seen, asking about IPv6 compatibility still confuses sales staff. (Nothing printed on the box)

There's so many things that have to be fitted together that I can almost understand the apparent reticence, but IPv6 report appeared in Windows XP. It's not that new a feature.

1. mickey mouse the fith

`In my experience, problems are mostly down to the length of wire between you and the exchange`

Not in my case. I had a full speed, unthrottled and reliable connection before TalkTalk got involved, then it barely worked for days on end. It went back to being fast n reliable when i left for BT.

So its entirely their doing and nothing to do with wires and distances.

Annoyingly, It even used to tease me at about 4am by jumping from 3.2kb to 8mb for a few hours.

4. Dick Emery
    Facepalm

Forget TalkTalk. What about Three?

I'm currently with Three and I would say their Indian call center annoys me no end. Also their coverage sucks and when it is working it is slow as molasses in the evenings outside of majors cities, towns and the local shopping malls.

Iwade near Sittingbourne is in a total deadspot where even standing out in the garden I get no signal. The only way to get a signal is to go upstairs in my parents bedroom where I get a single bar or go for a walk up the road.

My brother in Swanscombe gets a few bars but terrible speeds most of the day.

If it wasn't for their generous data etc I would not bother with them.

5. b166er

I think TalkTalk and their customers deserve each other.

They know TT are shit, but my they're cheap. Suckers.

6. Furbian
    Meh

Better the devil you know?

I've been with them for a few years, and have almost switched every time my contract renewal comes up.

Last time Orange were cheaper, I told them, they gave me discount to match Orange, I stayed.

About 2 years ago we had some connection problems, a few day a week for a few weeks. Then only a two hour break we noticed about half a year ago.

The Huawei HG532 router they gave us needs a weekly reset, so bearable. As I have a family, we tend to hit 120GB a month, so Plusnet didn't want us. BT offered the same deal, but wanted more money.

My biggest bugbear, one that has lead to rather argumentative exchanges with them is that I get a lot of nuisance (PPI etc.) calls, not only for me, but also for some other chap. I want to change my number, but they won't do it unless I file a Police report, or pay them monthly for extra call baring. I bought a £40 box for line blocking, which has helped, but I'd still rather change my phone number. So coming January, I'm probably switching to Orange just to be able to change my number.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like