back to article Apple demands a quickie, aims its torpedo at 8 Samsung mobes

Apple is seeking quick bans on eight of Samsung's phones after beating the South Korean firm to a bloody pulp in its US patent super-trial. Yet legal experts are unsure the verdict can hold up. The fruity firm is wasting no time in seeking preliminary injunctions on Sammy mobes ahead of getting the permanent bans the jury …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Charles 9

Re: Here's my plan

Trouble is that it would raise an international stink as that would smack of cartel behavior that would also get the likes of LG (who is also Korean, also sells in the US, and is so far not in trouble). Meanwhile, Apple can switch chips (remember, they already deal in China, who could care less who buys), so Samsung could just well be cutting their own nose (whic according to Apple is wooden and growing in any event).

1. Ramazan

@Samsung

Тебя посодють, а ты не воруй

2. DEAD4EVER
    WTF?

apple are crapple

as the title says I have expressed shear anger over apple the more they throw these patents the more I despise them, and for those who say they cant tell the difference between a apple and a Samsung seriously need there brain and eyes tested or maybe your thick like the rest of this pathetic world we live in. I mean honestly I can tell the difference between them especially a galaxy s 2 and a iPhone 4s honestly cant you tell one has Samsung written on the other has a half bitten apple logo on it, there simples. shows what apple have become they have become the new Microsoft.

3. John A Blackley

Well boo ****ing hoo

Apple won a jury decision in a trial in America and all the haters are a-weepin' and a-wailin' and a gnashin' of their teeth.

In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Re: Well boo ****ing hoo

Well you can come crying to us, when the only smartphone you can buy is a Apple one, and the price and lock-ins will have risen appropriately to ensure it will always be the case.

This judgment, America just moved a massive leap towards the future played out in the movie Idiocracy (apple in the this case, not walmart, but the same target audience nevertheless)

4. NX1977
    Mushroom

We've been shameless in stealing.....

From Jobs himself

http://techdusts.com/2010/03/04/apple-htc/

5. AntiPoser

Similar Patents

If Samsung's fault is a similar look and feel - imagine what would happen if the automobile market started to sue over look and feel.

6. MrZoolook
    Paris Hilton

Easy solution.

For manufacturers to just not sell their products in the US. When the US have a choice of 10 year old mobiles/tablets or Apple products at $3000 a pop because of no competition, things might start changing patent troll wise.

Paris because I have just applied a regressive patent application on her minge. Now everyone who used it owes me 50 bucks. I'm already a millionaire...

1. Charles 9

Re: Easy solution.

Wouldn't work. Before the iPhone came along, people in the US stuck with feature phones and damn well LIKED it that way. Meanwhile, the likes of Japan were producing some of the first smartphones, but who cared at that point? As for $3000 iPhones, chances are people will buy them anyway. You could price them as much as a small car and they'd probably still buy them.

7. taxman

Wow!

Flood not as big as anticipated!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like