Feeds

back to article Win a monster laptop

We've got a beast of a laptop to give away for free as part of our Reg Hardware competition. If you're looking for something that packs a punch and half, this should be just the fillip. It's the afore mentioned Samsung RF711 17.3in Core i7 which should be more than enough wallop for most of your needs. It'll take approximately …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Devil

No.

If you've got a UK address, you're golden. Your problem is that you're entering a compo with thousands of other people for one prize. The same reason you've never won the lottery either.

Silver badge

Re: No.

that's what Perl and catch-all email forwarding are for... :-P

Headmaster

Hey Reg, what's a laptopis? :)

Gold badge
Coat

Presumably it's what you use for laptopiary.

Somthing like a Brazilian wax?

Alert

Intrigued

So how is the winner chosen ? Hand in a hat, dartboard, tombola machine ??

Re: Intrigued

How about we all put potatoes in,or my fav - racing car number 9...

Bronze badge
Trollface

Was that you in the car park the other day in car number 9?

Selling 'Samsung laptops' that turned out to be potatoes in laptop bags?

No not me M`Lud, If anyone says it was, they can expect a visit from Doug and Dinsdale (Pirahna) who will nail their heads to the floor...

Silver badge

Lottery tickets

Everyone buys what they think is the winning ticket.

The trick is to buy what you think is the losing ticket.

Bronze badge
Devil

I'm not a UK resident but I'm entering anyway. Screw the Terms and Conditions

Since you obviously accept posts and advertising from people worldwide, your contest must be open to all as well.

I'll be glad to pay any shipping/customs costs.

FAIL

A 17" laptop with a 900 pixel display is a paper weight.

Gold badge
Facepalm

Aha! The first to fall foul of dogged's eminently sensible rule for disqualification.

Happy

Done...

I already have the previous build of the 711, but I entered anyway; this really is a beast of a lappy, makes my work desk-top machine feel like a Complete Steamer!

Bronze badge

A little love..

for us North American schlubs would go a long way...

Anonymous Coward

why would I need a computer if I cannot change the refresh rate to more than 60 Hz and the video connector cannot be secured...?

Gold badge
WTF?

I dunno. Why would I need a horse, if I couldn't fit it with three extra legs and teach it the cha-cha-cha?

Thumb Down

D'uh

Well, fcukity, fcuk, fcuk.

Confined to UK again. Last time I wona prize here as a non-UK resident was when I won a Duron 12 years ago.

Looks like I'm losing again.

Bollix.

FAIL

Beast, really?

It's got a 2 GHz current gen i-7, so nothing special there, 6 GiB of DDR3 is admittedly a lot of RAM (though probably not that useful, in truth) and 900 pixels for the height is indeed FAIL on the screen (that's why people keep saying so) of a "17 inch" format laptop. Even the graphics is pretty mediocre, really, for the term 'beast'. Not to be a git about this but I'm typing from an M18X with 2x HD 6990M in Crossfire and a considerably faster i-7 and I'm still not close to the 'maxed' builds possible for the line. These machines and their competitors are "Beasts of a laptop" not this nice executive toy.

Needless to say, I entered anyway :-P

Silver badge
Unhappy

UK residents only? Boo!

Ah well. I never win things like this anyway.

Unhappy

Crud... UK Residents only! :(

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.