back to article Santander's banking website craps out

Santander's banking website has been up and down today like a demented frog, forcing punters to hotfoot it to bricks-and-mortar branches. Customers took to Twitter and El Reg's inbox to report being booted off the online service shortly after logging into their accounts. Other complaints suggest that the online banking service …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Chris 10
    Devil

Make their lives easy

Oh to think how difficult it used to be finding out who banked where. With all these people posting on MyTwatFace, the phishers jobs are just made so much easier. Where do they live... let's look at their post history.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Check out where support is from? 'Blighty' or 'India'. If it's in UK let's sweep it beneath the carpet and claim- How robust our DR process are!

if offshored- let it hit the roof!

3. billy_joe_bob
    IT Angle

Pick a bank, any bank, then place it back in the pack...

When I phoned Natwest asking about their business accounts I was told I could either sign up there and then, becoming a Santander customer or make an appointment with a Natwest branch. They took my details and said they'd call back to arrange a time.

They even sent me an email confirming this. Which was nice.

That was four weeks ago, even after stopping off at local branch to ask about an appointment I've heard nothing from them. Not only are they selling people's accounts off but they obviously don't want our money to start with.

Just like Comrade Lockwood, I switched to a more helpful bank too.

4. blofse
    FAIL

Nice careful wording

"We are aware that an isolated group of personal banking customers had intermittent problems accessing Online Banking for a short time earlier today. We are sorry for any inconvenience this caused and we can confirm that this has been resolved"

In other (exaggerated) words:

We have been told by all of our users that a very small group of a small section of users had very rare problems with a small section of our website which only shows itself for a very short period and in rare occasions when the moon is blue and the earth is at 200degress and the solar system has collapsed, for a very small period of time.

Fail. Tell us you have been hacked, go on! I am moving mortgages and paying huge sums of money out of my account - you have picked a great time :-)

5. LeeS
    Megaphone

IE

Sadly I can confirm IE does work, chrome does not. Not a good situation!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like