back to article Humanity increasingly sitting on collective arse

The richer the nation in which you live, the greater the chance that you'll have a lifestyle that includes little physical activity. Nasty health problems are the likely result, but technology has the potential to address the issue. So says a new study, Global physical activity levels: surveillance progress, pitfalls, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. HandleOfGod

Re: Yankee Redemption

Well I'm a Brit and I'm not surprised. However I expect the stats (which I haven't studied closely) disguise a wider variation by reducing it to averages. After all, the average of 19+21 is 20 and so is the average of 10+30. I imagine the US is probably more extreme at either end but a bigger country with much more open space, greater interest and participation in sports (albeit with a more limited selection of them) really should expect to fair better over all.

1. jake Silver badge

@HandleOfGod (was: Re: Yankee Redemption)

"albeit with a more limited selection of them"

How do you figure? From my perspective, quite the opposite ... That is speaking as a yank who has spent roughly 20% of his life in Blighty, or around ten years in total.

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The study ranks the United Kingdom as the eight most-inactive nation on earth"

Surely "The study ranks the United Kingdom as the four most inactive nations on earth".

2. ifconfig
    Trollface

They're sure it's *nothing* to do with annual temperature ranges?

I mean, who'd go outside in Britain, if they didn't have to? :-P

Love from Australia.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: They're sure it's *nothing* to do with annual temperature ranges?

I've spent time in Australia ... I'll take the weather in the UK any day.

3. itzman
    Stop

In these troubled economicc times beset by imbecility....

Frankly what else is there to do?

No point in getting out of bed and trying to achieve anything, because someone will take it away from you, and as far as having an intelligent conversation? Best to talk to yourself.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like