back to article BT broadband packs up again - second big outage in a fortnight

BT has once again suffered what appears to be a major network outage affecting what the company described as "multiple areas". A simple update on BT's customer status page currently reads: We're really sorry but we've got a problem at the moment affecting our broadband service, which means that some of our customers will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Annihilator
        FAIL

Re: Irony-o-meter

"via Twitter for iPhone" but thanks for playing...

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Irony-o-meter

My apologies. I thought only BT was down. I didn't realise that whinging via Twitter about one provider via another wasn't allowed.

1. batfastad

BT

You're with BT... Get used to it. You'd have to pay us to go back there.

2. Andy Livingstone

What's in a name?

When it is BT it is an "outage" and a headline story. Three simply call it "Maintenance".

3. Peter Revell

Taking the piss out of TalkTalk

I know this fashionable, but I have been a very satisfied user of Tiscali since April 2006 and the only incident I had early on was dead slow downloads which were due to 'faulty protocols' installed by my previous ISP - Plusnet! The Tiscali engineer located them where Plusnet had failed on several occasions. I get 3.6 - 3.7 Meg regularly which I am happy with for copper wire buried without protection in chalk marl/clay soil for 44 years. Good old GPO!

4. James Hayes
    FAIL

Don't bother calling support...

...you'll likely end up speaking to the guy i dealt with yesterday - although that was about a failed order. To say he had "limited" information at his disposal is an understatement.

The chat transcript is quite amusing for anyone who has any experience of tech support lines: http://www.hitcl.com/2012/07/bt-below-terrible/ if you want to take a look.

5. Sirius Lee

Get it in perspective

My BT connection stopped working at 12:46 yesterday and resumed again at 13:31. 45 minutes over lunch time. And probably only the 3rd time I've noticed in 5 years. Nothing is perfect and is absolutely nothing compared to my experience with VM.

6. Just a geek
    Unhappy

Had an outage in Maidstone a few weeks back - one that was never listed on BT really crap status page and often in the evenings the system creaks to a halt. Maybe time for a new vendor as it seems that BT isn't keeping pace with the requirements of the users?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like