back to article Facebook: Our phone app DID seize your email

Facebook has admitted its mobile app altered phones' contacts books to use @facebook.com addresses. The hijack stems from a flaw in the website's design and the decision to provide every user with an @facebook.com handle that forwards to their Facebook message inbox. These addresses are now shown on the site's Timeline to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Joke

>Bug my arse

I'd rather not.

Gold badge
Megaphone

Primitive poll: this was a deliberate act by Facebook.

If you think it was an "accident", downvote.

If you think it was a deliberate act: upvote (which is my personal opinion, on account of the fact that such "accidents" always happen to benefit Facebook)

Note to El Reg: can we have a polling system?

This post has been deleted by its author

OH BOLLOCKS!

FB knew it would do it and they also knew most people won't bother to undo the "damage", so FB win once again!

"Oh yeah, we f**ked up! Sorry people!", words are the cheapest and most debased currency.

Thumb Down

Utter LIES

There was no bug - Facebook made their own email address the default address then the app synced it to people's phones, this erroneous claim of a bug is being used to cover their collected asses because they didn't think through what would happen when they changed everyones default settings.

I didn't even have an email address listed on my page and they stuck my Facebook address on there - way to go Facebook instead of advertising and maybe giving people a reason to use your email system, you have now made sure that nobody will ever use it !

bug?

yeah, whatever

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums