back to article Honour for Queen's IT manager

The Royal Household's IT systems manager Toby Zeegen made it onto The Queen's birthday honours list today. He is now a member of The Royal Victorian Order, given by The Queen to people who have "served her or the Monarchy in a personal way". There are five classes of the order, and the top two confer knighthoods on the holder …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Stuart Grout

Typical arrogance!

So the Queen makes her kid a Field Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet and Marshal of the Royal Air Force. Treating the uniform and those that have earned their stripes with contempt.

If our politicians (even those that have served) started awarding themselves military rank and playing dress-up in uniforms they would be subject to well earned ridicule and contempt. But then such stupidity comes as no surprise.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Isn't she the Armed Forces Top Boss?

Her armed forces; her family. I guess it's a case of Because I Can.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Isn't she the Armed Forces Top Boss?

Same reason the William has a Golden Jubilee medal.

Everyone else had to have been serving since at least 1997 to qualify for the medal when it was awarded in 2002. Queen's grandson joins in 2005, and gets one anyway so his left lapel doesn't look quite so empty.

At least Harry has an active service gong to go with the Diamond Jubilee medal (another chocolate gong).

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Typical arrogance!

"Treating the uniform and those that have earned their stripes with contempt."

You seriously think that anyone at the top of the service has actually worked their way up their from the bottom? With occasional exceptions they're all political appointees.

3. Spoddyhalfwit

Re: Typical arrogance!

I'm guessing you're one of those types who believes that your boss should have got his job on merit, rather than his family connections? That's rather un-British of you. You should respect that your boss comes from a nicer family and went to a nicer school that you. If he wants to award his son employee of the month then thats none of your business.

2. Stu 18
    Happy

As official IT Manger of my household

I confer upon myself the title of Grand Poobar and A S S of the highest order. I'm also on several other lists. ;o)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.