back to article Microsoft so sorry for limp wedding tackle gag gaffe

Microsoft has apologised for a performance at its Norwegian developers conference that it now says “involved inappropriate and offensive elements and vulgar language”. The performance (mildly NSFW video here, controversial bits at about 1:10) includes a line that despite Microsoft’s titter-worthy corporate name, attendees’ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: Does that mean

Manipulation of a lot of dicks? Windows marketing department.

1. John G Imrie

I'm still waiting for a company with the balls to say ...

It was a private, internal function, so those wanting an apology can fuck right off.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm still waiting for a company with the balls to say ...

That would not be a company "with balls" it would be a dumbarse company trying to put itself out of business.

2. CmdrX3
    WTF?

There IS another option

Enter it in the Eurovision Song Contest. It'll either win or receive neel pwan.

3. nigel 15
    Facepalm

Showering with your eyes closed

honestly anyone who finds that offensive must get a terrible fright when they see their own junk.

re 'It was shit' - and similar comments. it was intended for Norwegian software engineers, not you.

re 'it's microsoft thats a joke' - lazy word play based humour. it's a $250bn company employing nearly 100,000 people.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I imagine there's a promotional company offering 'bespoke' corporate dance routines

They probably have 3 or 4 templates of music & choreography, then merge in a few buzzwords to tailor it to the particular event. So, you can probably get more or less the same song and dance routine promoting plumbing or fence-posts

Let's face it, 'entertainment' at any corporate event will always suck. That's so universally true that the rule probably applies on other planets. The entertainment merely serves to provide an interval of excruciating embarrassment in-between the rest of the mind-numbing tedium.

And the definition of unfunny is, 'any joke, when told by the CEO'.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

"And the definition of unfunny is, 'any joke, when told by the CEO'."

and yet everyone still laughs uproariously.

6. TheOtherHobbes

Microsoft

The Nokia of Nordic Comedy.

7. Joerg
    WTF?

At Microsoft managers must be really in drugs abuse stage...MetroUI..now this..

Microsoft is toast.

These managers turned the Corporation into an absolute farce, throwing away all good assets they once had.

The MetroUI is what these people "geniuses" could develop.. and it's obvious that such a disgrace was their best given the nonsense dancing with some bad language trying to look so smart and cool.

How pathetic.

Microsoft has turned into the worst possible copy of Apple. They are trying so hard at copying Apple that they couldn't get a clue of what made Apple a success.

They really think that turning themselves into such a farce is going to give them billions?

Please...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bright side for Balmer is that people wont need to bring up his "Developers, Developers, Developers" chant any more when they need a go to joke.

Also, coupled with http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/05/15/dell_christensen/ it seems that 2012 isn't the year to be holding conferences here in Scandinavia.

9. NomNomNom

am I the only one who found it funny and poignant?

10. Bradley Hardleigh-Hadderchance
    IT Angle

They might just be high on life

But I think it more likely they are high on Cocaine, LSD, 'XTC' etc. etc.

Like our governments, these people are certifiably criminally insane.

(And I'm not just talking about the dancers)

So much power.

So many resources.

So much experience.

And for what? For IT to come to this?

How long oh lord, How long?

Think of the good they could do, how they could enrich peoples lives. But instead they behave like an old rich rock star who has lost the plot, cloistered in his mansion, alone, surrounded by nothing else other than sycophants and piles of drugs, and totally out of touch with the 'reality' that is going on outside their window.

Oh well, I don't care - it's their gig. I'm not even offended. It is just sad. Very sad. And somebody told me once you should never be embarrassed for other people. But I have to admit, I made an exception for Microsoft today.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"coding is our drug"

Codeine shurely ?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another day...

...another Microsucks FUBAR activity. What were you expecting?

13. Stan Smith
    FAIL

This is considered controversial?

What a stupid non-issue.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: This is considered controversial?

...only by people with good judgment and an ethical compass.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like