back to article Post-pub nosh deathmatch: Mealy pudding v migas

Following a long winter hibernation burning the fat reserves gained from a generous serving of Dutch delicacy kapsalon, our Special Projects Bureau post-pub nosh team has emerged blinking into the spring sunshine to bring you a further selection of quality international cuisine designed to soak up the excesses of a night on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And people take issue with US food

Reading this article, I find it amazing people criticize US food choices!

But again: I dare any Reg Hack to come over to the US - preferably the nominal South-east area - and try a proper Waffle House All-The-Way.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: And people take issue with US food

Our arteries are up to the challenge. The next time we're Stateside, it's a date.

2. Blofeld's Cat
    Devil

Cordon Bennett...

May I humbly suggest the Bauernfrühstück (farmer's breakfast) available in less reputable parts of Germany. This is essentially a large (6 eggs) omelette filled with fried potato, various high-fat sausage slices and assorted vegetables, which has the advantage of adding high cholesterol to the saturated fat.

Something from the sweet trolley?

I recommend the traditional suet and jam roly-poly pudding, with custard and golden syrup.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Cordon Bennett...

Duly added to the deathmatch list.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Pork Gyros (wrapped)

Nothing like it. Except maybe all the components served on a platter. No, wrap it has to be. Chicken is great, but pork (laced with paprika and rigani) is awesome.

4. DrDr
    Pint

Next deathmatch?

Black pudding vs Morcilla de Burgos?

Baked beans on toast vs Fabada Asturiana (with the obligatory cider...)?

5. Nick Pettefar

Full Irish

Our works canteen, here in Co. Dublin, serves the Full Irish every morning with black and white pudding. People either have that or a scone. Funny.

6. Nick Rutland
    Pint

But don't forget ..

... quoted in a book about Madison Avenue advertising, a slogan sadly never used:

" If it isn't Wolfschmidt vodka, it isn't breakfast ..."

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.